Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Front & Rear Swaybars

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Front & Rear Swaybars - Smike Please Help!

Just bought an '06 EVO and it rides like a boat so I want to address the suspension. Currently has red F&F coilovers and based on several threads on here, I'd like to install Bilstein B6 shocks and Swift Spec R's. It is a DD but I want to get into the solo uno and circuit scene so hence the Spec R's instead of the Sports (hope I made the right decision)

THe car DOES NOT have a rear sway bar so I need to buy one and I'm looking for first hand suggestions from people running the same suspension. I also need opinion on keeping the OEM front bar or swapping it out but i"ve read they are a pain to replace.

Smike I know you are running B6's with Swift Sports - have you tried them with the Spec R's? I also tried sourcing the Swift rear swaybar but understand they are no longer available...

Last edited by 7rrivera7; Feb 21, 2019 at 03:10 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Curious what happened to the RSB?

In any event, a simple 24mm Whiteline will work. There are other bars that will work well (just dont go too large / 24mm is a good spec)

Keep the FSB stock. Most hard core racers / HPDE'rs run the stock bar. You could always go for the front cusco lower FSB bracket if you like (that will give some rate change)

Your strut & spring choice seem OK for sure unless you want to go coilovers

Old Feb 18, 2019, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
What spring rates are you running? I would just do the rear sway bar first to see how it feels and then get other stuff if you desire.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 08:13 AM

Swift Spec RsF: 157 (helper section) 358 (main rate)R: 196 (helper section) 380 (main rate)
Old Feb 21, 2019, 02:45 AM

Anyone? Can someone get a hold of Smike pease...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 06:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 7rrivera7
Anyone? Can someone get a hold of Smike pease...
What is your question, maybe we can help. Mr. Smike has not been involved on the boards for years
Old Feb 21, 2019, 06:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 723 Likes on 566 Posts
Best bet, pick up a 24mm Whiteline bar or the hotchkiss bar if you want it a little lighter and softer. The bottom setting on the 24mm is about the same as the top setting of the hotchkiss. I think there's one for sale here (Kaj maybe?). Add the adjustable brackets to the front and you'll be doing good for a street setup.
The following users liked this post:
7rrivera7 (Feb 21, 2019)
Old Feb 22, 2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
What is your question, maybe we can help. Mr. Smike has not been involved on the boards for years
Bought Bilstein B6 shocks and had purchased a set of Switft Spec-R springs but I cancelled the order because I'm not sure if they are too tight for a daily. Looking at Switft Sports unless someone convinces me the Spec-Rs will be fine with these shocks.

Also need a rear sway since my car has none right now and I'm leaning towards the Whiteline 24.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 04:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Bought Bilstein B6 shocks and had purchased a set of Switft Spec-R springs but I cancelled the order because I'm not sure if they are too tight for a daily. Looking at Switft Sports unless someone convinces me the Spec-Rs will be fine with these shocks.

Also need a rear sway since my car has none right now and I'm leaning towards the Whiteline 24.
Certainly cant go wrong w/the WL 24mm bar. Many of us run it, including myself

I just reviewed the rates on the Spec-R's and the rates are: 6.4K/6.8K. The Sport springs are: 4.8K/5.7K

Stay w/the Spec-R's. Most of our members who run springs vs c/o'rs use them. Heres the site if you want to see the values: http://www.swiftsprings.com/products...prings-spec-r/

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Feb 22, 2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The Spec R springs pair just fine with the B6 dampers. You can have them revalved if you want but it's not necessary and the spring rates are within allowable limit's for the damping. The Sport springs will be softer and still within the limits.
All the answers you need can be found by searching, but since everyone has a different perspective on "good" you should try a few options to see what suits you.