Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Stasis 2-Piece Floating Rotor

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2004, 01:32 PM
cjb
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, about $2k for a set of stoptech rotors, calipers, and lines, or $900 for these rotors... Hmm...
Old Jul 8, 2004, 01:35 PM
cjb
Evolving Member

Oh, and pads.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone know if these rotars rattle or not?
Old Jul 8, 2004, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

They are completely silent...... the only thing you hear is a mild "groan" under severe braking because of the slots. They are a great street upgrade.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

And you save 9 pounds per a corner?!? I bet that changes the handling and turn-in response a little bit...
Old Jul 8, 2004, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Stasis makes very good products and they really race unlike some people. I saw these first hand at a VW thing this spring and they are top notch.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

if they are silent, I am very interested
Old Jul 9, 2004, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Yup

Originally Posted by ogvw
They are completely silent...... the only thing you hear is a mild "groan" under severe braking because of the slots. They are a great street upgrade.
- spoke to Stasis about it yesterday, and they confirmed the silencers. Of course they gave their nod to ogvw for his expertise. Just a few more things and I'll be looking you up for the Ohlins
Old Jul 24, 2004, 05:55 PM

How about the Baer rotors? Any comparison to the Stasis rotors
Old Jul 24, 2004, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Check out the the lastest issue of Sport Compact car. They do a comparison of stock rotors with upgraded pads vs. The Stasis rotor on the Evo. Their consensus was that the difference in performance was negligible, and would be for about 98% of us, including track usage. for a radically tuned and prepared car like the Vishnu evo with a professional driver, it would probably make a difference. Just some input.

Percy
Old Jul 24, 2004, 08:33 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by hagakure
Check out the the lastest issue of Sport Compact car. They do a comparison of stock rotors with upgraded pads vs. The Stasis rotor on the Evo. Their consensus was that the difference in performance was negligible, and would be for about 98% of us, including track usage. for a radically tuned and prepared car like the Vishnu evo with a professional driver, it would probably make a difference. Just some input.

Percy
What kind of testing did they conduct? I would imagine the Stasis rotors would hold up a lot better on the track.

Mark
Old Jul 24, 2004, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think rotors is not a performance mods, a better rotor means it will last longer without wraping and release heat better
Old Jul 24, 2004, 09:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by hagakure

Percy
Everyone needs good brakes plus the unsprung weight savings will also help acceleration (as well as cornering and braking) because of the rotational weight savings (small but real). If you ever plan on doing a track day or downhill canyon runs you will run out of our (very good for stock) brakes in a hurry.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Is "running out of brakes" more a function of the rotors or the pads, cooling, and lines? I'm not debating, because I definitely defer to your knowledge and experience in this area. I am planning on doing three track events this summer, and have upgraded my pads, lines, and fulid. I have hte stock rotors. Just wondering if this is going to be enough.

Percy
Old Jul 26, 2004, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

The SCC article was pretty interesting. They drove a 4.9 mile, downhill mountain road (1,426 feet of elevation change) with both brake configurations (stock/DS2500 and Stasis/DS2500) They measured temps at the top of the hill and the bottom of the hill.

Stock @ the top:
236* outer edge
160* at the hat

Stock @ the bottom
945* outer edge
745* at the hat

Stasis@ the top
102* outer edge
112* at the hat

Stasis @ the bottom
1000*+ outer edge
670* at the hat

They had fade on both runs - at exactly the same spot on the hill - and said the brakes came right back for the next corner. They also reported that the car had plenty of brakes at the bottom of the hill - despite the rotors glowing cherry red. I don't know if their Evo has the brake cooling guides or not, but they did the same test with their STI (Prodrive rotors and DS3000 pads) and the STI's temps were substantially higher in every test point except one.

Oh and there are some pretty cool pics, including one of the STI's brakes on fire.

Quick Reply: Stasis 2-Piece Floating Rotor