Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Moving front 4-pots to the back??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2001, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Claudius

why should I give you any warranty? I'm not the owner of Movit so what should I care?

Sure you could make to look the movit as your standard ones as you're not able to make your own brake ducts

Regarding the Ring. If you don't know it even your Oehlins won't help you. I'm sure Jan will leave you for dead without any problem.

Cheers

Mike
Old Nov 29, 2001, 12:21 PM

Mike, I would even leave Claudius for dead on the Ring with my day-to-day Audi diesel.

Anyway Claudius, snowboard season is starting and I probably will visit the French Alpes pretty soon. I will skip boarding for 1 day and drive down to Monaco and challenge you on your own territory.
Old Nov 29, 2001, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

LOL!!!

Claudius,
I don't believe that you are convinced to buy mov'it brakes, when you were talking about LC 8 pots!!!
For the same price you can have special ap 6pots with 362mm discs from rc developments, and they are not painted at all!

About the ring, I think that Jan will probably be much faster than you as he know the lines of the nurburgring, and your suspension can not do anything about that.
Now if Jan come here I don't think that he will be able to be much faster than you, if he's fast he will be able to follow!

By the way, there will be a lot of people able to follow if you don't prepare your evo! You think it will be fast with 350bhp, but for the moment you are not in the high bhp club, and there are a lot of people doing much better than you, like Blade, Manuel...

Ok you have the best suspenion avaible,but you have a tdi engine! Why don't you go and buy some carbon parts as Blade did, and JUN internals with a new turbo?

Even if you drive fast you can't go faster with your evo, you need more bhp to go faster, and with 600bhp, I think that you could be faster than Jan on the ring.LOL!
Attached Thumbnails Moving front 4-pots to the back??-lancer1.jpg  
Old Nov 30, 2001, 02:49 AM
Evolved Member

The Ring boys, I would advise you to watch your promises before you see it.... Even if you had a 1000bhp F40, I guarantee someone who really knows the Ring will leave you for dead in an Audi Tdi. I don't consider myself the fastest driver, but I'm not the slowest either, but when I drove my third lap on the Ring, an old Kadett and a C180 left me for dead bigtime. O.k. the Kadett was a stripped out little racer and the C180 was driven by some test driver I'm sure as he went sideways hitting the kerbs in almost every corner, but still my car with ~350 bhp and Proflex Gr.N and with me as a driver most importantly couldn't do anything about that.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 02:57 AM
Evolving Member

I can only second Michael. Even after two days driving on the Ring all of a sudden you come to places and still don't know if to go left or right. It's also very bumpy and this also on the very fast parts where you need big ***** to keep the foot down. The Schwedenkreuz is quite intimidating, also Fuchsröhre. My favorite parts are the Karusell including the Hohe Acht. Also the tarmac changes quite a lot which makes it difficult to judge the level of grip. Still managed a 9min lap on my first ever trackday there which isn't too bad (with a bog standard car).

You must have driven it at least once in your life or you missed something

Cheers

Mike
Old Nov 30, 2001, 03:42 AM

Maxi, you're right, however, I need to take advantage of the fact that Claudius did not spend all the money he was talking about YET. Therefore I have a slight chance to beat him now on his own turf. That said, each year I drive down South on the bike and spend 10-15 days on the R1 racing your small backroads and I've learned that the locals are bloody fast over there, even so, most of them are nutters . Lets say its almost suicide to try and follow them.

Now on the EVO it's much easier to go fast and less dangerous for my personal health. By then I will have the Mov'it brakes which will allow me to outbreak him if I can manage to stay on his tail .

The RIng, it's about being humble and be prepared to get humiliated by the local petrolheads. If you can't handle that, you'll crash and burn. It's a very enjoyable learning process that I think will never finish... unless you're a local like Gerrit and can spend a couple of laps a day instead of ******** your girlfriend .
Old Nov 30, 2001, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

That's exactly how I approach the Ring myself. I think what helped was that I got taken around fairly quick once, which made me a bit nervous. I think if I would've hit it without being driven round once before my attitude would've been too Gung-Ho. You always see the guys with their tuned up pieces of shít that come from far away and think they can go fast get towed away, if they're lucky.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Ok you don't like turbos with a lot of lag!
That's because you don't drive hard enough, if you do you will almost never be under 4000rpm.
And you don't have to fit a really big turbo, you can fit a 3037 or something like Blade, and you won't have any lag!

BTW what do you mean?
That with 350bhp you have the ultimate evo for the rally roads and that even if you spend more money on it it couldn't be faster becouse it would have a lot of lag?

What about the gr.b rally audi or peugeot that could have more than 800bhp?
You think that a 600bhp evo will just have lag and then spin, but it would not spin that much and would be really fast!

And even if you like driving diesel, you can always fit a 2835 turbo and do the other mods to have 400bhp!
Old Nov 30, 2001, 07:11 AM

Claudius, in my humble opinion you're correct about suspension on a specific track where you adjust your suspension for the bumps/corners/chicanes on this track and where half a second is important to start in pole position, but I think on the street it's not that important.

I know that stiffer suspension gives you a more confident feeling in the car, and for this drive faster through corners. However, on your backroads it's about 2nd-3rd gear corners where stability is not that important. If you or myself reach that grip-point and we start understeering/oversteering around the 2nd-3rd gear corners, will the suspension help a lot here unless you drive your EVO like a nutter where the suspension should prevent the car to get unbalanced, but I'm almost sure you don't push your car that far on the public road? It will help a little, for sure, but I do not think you will have an advantage where you can go 15-20 km/h faster then me around corners, you will go 15-20 km/h faster if I got bold tires and you your semi-slicks .

What do you guys think? We're not talking about +180 km/h corner sweeping!
Old Nov 30, 2001, 08:09 AM

ring

lets go and meet at the ring

this year or next year

set up date for it

i am comming with my standard evo

lol

andre
Old Nov 30, 2001, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Jan, an uprated suspension most definetely makes a difference, it doesn't matter what speed your talikng about. The faster you go, the more of a difference it makes. Also on the roads