Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Movit Brakes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2001, 03:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael

haven't chosen a definite day but let's keep in touch. As I'll have to take a day off anyway I can come almost everyday then in End of Feb/ Beginning of March.

Cheers

Mike
Old Dec 11, 2001, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

Also I'll have to amass the necessary dinero before that too. There's something fishy going on with my account at the moment, have to got tothe bank and see if my company have paid me as when I checked at the machine today there was quite a lot less than there should have been...
Old Dec 17, 2001, 03:33 AM
Evolving Member

8 pot monoblooc
Old Dec 17, 2001, 03:39 AM
Evolved Member

Err, Maxi what are you trying to say exactly with that statement
Old Dec 17, 2001, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

I wanted to post a picture of a brembo 8 pot caliper but the picture was too big!
Old Dec 17, 2001, 06:11 AM

Thumbs up

Guys,

Last Saturday I had the luxury to put the Mov’it brakes on my car. I can tell you, it’s the best investment you can do on the EVO. After driving them in and arriving home from a 500Km drive and after removing all the old-brembo **** from my trunk I went for the ultimate test. Driving up to 250km/h and braking like mad down till 70-80, smash it into 3rd gear, full throttle again up to 250. I repeated this 10 times in a row, no fading, no warping and then after pulling over I even could touch the calipers, they didn’t heat up at all.

Bloody marvelous, now I will contact Guido to replace the rear as well, now I’m convinced it’s necessary when you braking in extreme conditions. You can easily feel that the rear brakes are not doing a proper job since the fronts do all the work.

This braking reminds me about my friends 996 turbo, immense braking power but all in control. It’s identical with my Mo’vit brakes, a very good pedal response, all very controllable.

Claudius, forget about 6-pot AP, I’ve tried them on a EVO, on a STI and on a 550hp Skyline. AP does a proper job, however Mov’it is just in another league.

Cheers,

Jan.
Old Dec 17, 2001, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Can't wait until I have the money.... should be before summer....
Old Dec 17, 2001, 12:59 PM

Rear brakes are still standard, I'm not gonna bother experimenting with the bigger cilinder from the front. Takes too much effort/time while there is a perfect solution waiting for me the get bought. If everything were as easy as this...

I agree, the Porsches are heavier, the point I try to make is that Porsche is known for their brake stability/power/durability. I can't speak for Mov'it durability yet, but seeing how many laps Gerrit already did on the Ring there is NOW no cell in my brain that tends to doubt this.

As for a good OEM setup, I've changed bearings/hubs twice added the PE brake ducts, used group N discs, good pads, name it. I never really did the same test, but both changes were killed in the local docks in Antwerp, which is hard braking but not extreme braking. And in my opinion I think it should not take more that 30 seconds (did not time it) to go from 70 to 250, which means that every ~35 seconds you're down to 70 and this 10 times in a row. I don't think any racetrack will match this, therefore I think it's extreme braking.

I'm not running soft pads, am planning to buy the pagid ones after the standards (dunno what they fitted, could read the brand) are gone.

The pedal always keeps it's very progressive feeling, even after the 10th time.
Old Dec 17, 2001, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

So it looks like I wasn't praising them for nothing.

Jan

glad you like them. You're absolutely right the rears can't keep up with Movit front kit. As intermediate solution I fitted the Pagid RS 14 till I'll go to Guido again with Michael to get the rears done aswell.

Currently you use the GT3 sport spec pad. All the OEM pads of Porsche are made by Texstar. This pad is already quite good as you could experience when doing the highspeed braking. I did similar things with additionally 3 people in the car up to 220 and they worked brilliantly but then I cooked the standard rear pads

Looks like I'm again on a mission to disturb all those nice MLR guys with my Movit topic again

Cheers

Mike
Old Dec 17, 2001, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Well guys, this Mov'it thing I started on the MLR last summer has really come a long way. Thanks Scooby Mike, for all the persistent work! You should go into sales!!

Mov'it Evo team:

Gerrit
Mike
Jan
Micheal K
RM-Evo 7
Andre!!
etc.

I switched to Movit last summer and since then I have had no more brake stress! Those pics Claudius posted are actually of my car. It was used as a test car for the front and rear setup.

(it is so late already because we worked all night to get some mountain bikes built for the press: www.idworx-bikes.com) So, now you see I do something totally different.

My 6 is alive again!!
Old Dec 18, 2001, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

Nice one Gerrit! Shame about the weather....
I might go and get Movit fronts only this spring as I don't think I'll have the necessary money cause my company conned me out of my christmas bonus... unbelievable shít, if I would've known that I would never have joined this POS company!!!
First they tell me it's all good you get your bonus like everyone else, then they make me sign a new bonus programme depending on turnover full-well knowing that my deal that I'm working on will never go thourgh until next year!!! Scanky money-saving techniques!!! I'll go and talk to the CEO today and see what he says, depending on that is my future commitment to this company!!!
Old Dec 18, 2001, 03:45 AM

Claudius,

Brake power is that good I started to worry if the hubs-suspensions are strong enough to deal with the extra power. It’s like my R1, once I started racing that thing my suspension was way too soft that I was pushing the forks way down that I could hear a ‘clunck’ hitting the bottom (Ohlins solved thisJ). That’s of course not possible on a car (I hope).

Claudius, you’re one skeptic SOB, do you have any English blood in ya J? All the bad weather and misery started over here in middle-europe. I probably come over for a weekend in the South soon. Then we can compare the brake power from your CTF and my Mov’it discs.

What’s the temperature down there, 15 degrees and no rain?

Jan.

Quick Reply: Movit Brakes