Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Movit Brakes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2001, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uhmm...personally I would prefer grooved rather than drilled...
Looks ok though
Old Dec 2, 2001, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

The calipers look nice and the discs should be good quality, but 322mm is small!
Old Dec 3, 2001, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

Provided my dinero-situation, you're looking at my future front brakes there. I still have a few questions which I'll hopefully solve when/if I make it to the Essen motorshow this week. I don't understand the following:

1. Why do you need the Movit calipers, if the Brembo one's have the same or nearly the same stopping power as the Movit ones as scoobymike said in his explanation as to why the front 4-pots can't be fitted to the rear?

2. How much for a brake force distributor to be able to install the front 4-pots to the back?

3. Of what about front Brembos with Movit discs and complete Movit rear??
Old Dec 5, 2001, 11:58 AM

BritEvo posted this today on the MLR about the Movit conversion, maybe this is why you need movit calipers!

Its in Tech/brakes if you want to follow/add to the thread later

Ryan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reading several articles about how good the movit conversion is I ordered mine. 4 weeks later and it arrived!! It looks great – booked in to Steve Hill Motor Sport for the fitting. This included new Hubs, Disks, Pads and the steel braided hoses. At the same time I also had the wheels rotated.
One week later and 800 careful miles time to increase the braking. I spent the next 4 days increasing the braking on day one the normal driving day 2 then increasing again on day 3 etc. until covering 1100 miles total bedding in.

During the 800 mile time I had an annoying wheel balance problem at 75mph and slight judder under braking which would not go away. Finally resolved the balance problem finding a 5 inch nail in the tyre. After curing this, the judder was more apparent.

Booking the car into Steve Hill again for inspection and checking the runout. Initial inspection was fine everything and I mean everything is ok. Checking the runout found 0.05mm and 0.06mm which as far as I am aware is within tolerance.

Steve Hill suggested changing the lower bushes as these seemed to be rather sloppy. After fitting new bushes and a quick blast around the roads the judder is still there.

A quick call to my very friendly Mitsubishi dealer to check the runout figures also found out that Mitsubishi when fitting new disks machine them to be true on the car.

From this I can only assume the brembo callipers cannot stand any runout at all! Maybe the movit callipers can but I have currently spent £2400 on trying to fix a manufactures problem.

My last resort is to speak to movit for suggestions when they get back on the 9th.
Old Dec 10, 2001, 03:17 AM
Evolved Member

After meeting Gerrit and Guido and being convinced by them in a very professional way that Movit brakes are the business, I decided to get some, probably after February so sadly enough the Monaco boys won't be able to see them when I meet them in Feb. The problem is I probably won't have time to go and get them fitted before. I could do it on the way there I suppose....
Old Dec 10, 2001, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

Claudius

sometimes I wonder if you read the posts. Everything you ask has been covered now a thousand times.
Again it's not only the diametre of the discs that counts but the friction ring! I would get 250mm discs if their enough as you save unsprung weight.

Regarding pads. As I've already said you can use every pad but it's recommend to run organic pads (this has been explained by me already a thousand times aswell). And the orange pagids are the ones with the second highest friction co-efficient after the black ones. You could run them with Pagid RS 14 but this pad is not a recommendable one. Even Pagid themselves don't recommend them as they have a one-off characteristic and eat the disc when not in their working temp. range.

The disc only kit won't be sold. I tested them and the result was not satisfying so Movit decided not to produce them. It's still a mistery why Jaz Traction sold them to Graham. But I've already solved the situation for him.

If you don't like them don't buy them.

At least Michael has seen the light and I'm sure he'll never look back after fitting them.

Michael

I'll have my rear brake kit fitted in spring aswell. Maybe it's possible to meet in Aachern then. Would be a nice opportunity.

See ya

Cheers

Mike
Old Dec 10, 2001, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Claudius

why should I waste my time to tell you all the differences? The discussion with you regarding brakes gets a bit boring. Get a life!

BTW just got a shiny new Forge recirc. dump valve And it was sent from the UK not from Monaco, wonder why!

Cheers

Mike
Old Dec 10, 2001, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Mate

sometimes we don't get the good end of each other.

This cries out for a Monza meet next year and shake hands. This would also give you the chance to check out my brakes to make your own picture.

I take your advice and will go watching the video tape I recorded yesterday with the "Race of Champions" which takes places every year on Grand Canaria. Good sideway action!

Speak to you soon

Mike
Old Dec 11, 2001, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

You guys are like Itchy & Scratchy

Mike, what day are you going to be there? Maybe I could get an appointment with Dr. Guido at the same day I suppose.

Quick Reply: Movit Brakes