Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Megan buy back on... turbo back; turbo back including turbo manifold and O2 housing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2005, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo robert
will this fit the IX w/o problems such as the piping hitting the driveshaft?
Hopefully I'll find out this weekend...for the catback at least...
Old Dec 14, 2005, 09:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know what Megan may be able to provide in measurements... contact them here:

support@meganracing.com or
(626)581-0988

stating you are one of my customers, and are concerned with possible fitment issues prior to install based on what you are hearing. I can only surmise that something in the later build 05's changed as I have 05' customers with no issues at all.

Use all the Megan supplied hardware folks... even the "large donut gasket" (removing the OE one). Use the supplied bolts with OE torque specs. You DO NOT want to over tighten the downpipe to O2 flange bolts!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
I
Use all the Megan supplied hardware folks... even the "large donut gasket" (removing the OE one). Use the supplied bolts with OE torque specs. You DO NOT want to over tighten the downpipe to O2 flange bolts!
37ftlb is oem apparently
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

37 ± 4 ft-lb per the manuel...
Old Dec 15, 2005, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

I reused the OEM donut gasket because my car had only ~1500 miles on the odo., perfect fitment. Another thing, my car should be from a late 05 batch, I got it on September and IIRC the sticker on the door says it was build on July 2005.

phenaly, do not reuse the OEM spring-bolts, use the long bolts provided with the DP, you don't need instructions for this installation, just the right tools and plenty of clearence under the car.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Very interesting in deed... I'd like to see some of the other guys results from this last buy now.

Last edited by Zeus; Dec 15, 2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 01:35 AM
Evolving Member

can we start a group buy now? or I have to wait for all the problems are solved?
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
Very interesting in deed... I'd like to see some of the other guys results from this last buy now.
Well I won't be installing mine's into the spring time, and I'll most likely go the same route JuancaROD went to get it installed.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Fitment is pretty good in mine now, no hitting drive shaft or fuel tank. And this was without rotating the mid pipe and using the test pipe bung. Seems like the exhaust kinda settled.

Still never gonna clear the front strut-The megan donut looked well fatter than the stock, and when I used the stock it looked like the flanges on the dp and o2 housing touched. They are 3-5 mm apart now. Might be why my DP is sitting so low and hitting the strut.

Didnt someone else also have to use a spacer at the back axle like me?
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Juncarod, can you please post a pic of your axle mount?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Bigfish, there's a gap betweeen my DP and O2 too. The donut just won't let it close the gap.

Anyway, the install took a buddy and I about 6 hours! Of course fitment wasn't the problem, it was removing the original exhuast. First we couldn't get the O2 sensor off and had to head out and borrow a O2 sensor kit from Autozone. Eventually we got to the DP and of course as luck would have it one of the bolts sheared off insidse the O2 housing. Use an impact here guys, not a wrench. A wrench may put to much side forces on those cheap OEM bolts where an impact will keep it nice and straight.

Putting everything back together we realized the exhaust was missing 3 bolts for the hangers. Two for the DP-test pipe and one for where the muffler pipe meets the next pipe in line. (whatever it's called). This called for another run to the store to pick up more bolts.

Now that everything is back together, except for the undertray at the moment there a couple things that need to be adjusted. I'm keeping some vibration from the rear somewhere. I can't tell where it's coming from, but will probably be an easy adjustment.

Sound is great. Not that much louder than my original exhaust with muffler delete.

Is it normal to be able to hear the turbo so much more? Maybe it's because I still haven't put the undertray on, but it sure did seem louder when spooling last night.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 09:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Be careful not to over crush the Megan donut gasket guys... it IS NOT supposed to crush down flush to the OE O2 housing flange. Use the OE torque spec 37-41 lb ft for those bolts only!
Old Dec 17, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

OK I figured out the rattle I had. The muffler is touching the trailor hitch I have installed. So no big deal. I'll probably be the only person with that problem. Is the louder turbo sound normal?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

You can really hear the turbo spool on mine. Did you take the silence plug out of the end of the muffler?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

do u have any good deals on just the catback..

Quick Reply: Megan buy back on... turbo back; turbo back including turbo manifold and O2 housing