Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

FMIC Kit Super Sale $499!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why use 2.5" outlets if the piping isn't that big?

Do you have pics of the other two mount points?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We use 2.5" when we build intercooler piping kits.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tke_413
Couldn't get crash beam back on after install

Had to cut parts of metal brackets off bumper so they didn't rub the intercooler

BUT...after a couple hours of yelling, swearing, and smoking...it's on and looks great. Afterwards we took it for a drive...3 people in the car so I couldn't tell how much power I actually gained. Maybe tomorrow night I'll go for a joy ride.
Same here.

Okay I got mine mounted up tonight. However I have to say I had a very hard time keeping it level and honestly I never did get it just right.

I'm also not sure what to do with the extra two brackets that are included. Am I supposed to drill those into the frame? I PM'd a couple people and they didn't know exactly what they were for either.

Here is a crappy pic....I'm kinda worked up from the tedious install so I just snapped a pic and called it good.

www.jeffjeske.com/pics/evofmic

Last edited by Jeff_Jeske; Apr 14, 2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The extra brackets go on the bottom and you use the supplied self-tapping screws to hold the intercooler to the frame. Instal is a huge PITA...getting it level, screwing the bottom secure, getting the crash beam on (I still can't) and getting the bumpter back on (had to modify it). After it's installed I'm pretty happy though, but the undertray won't go back on either...oh well.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 11:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, fitment is not really dead on. When I installed it in my ix, the undertray had to go since the intercooler hangs lower then stock. I had to use the stock hose on the intake inlet side and the hose was really hard to get on and I installed their LICP at the same time. The crash beam fit fine but hit the intercooler a little on the edges of the end tanks. I just used the one bracket on top of the intercooler to bolt it on the car since I didn't want to drill holes to get the other brackets to fit. The bumper fit fine but had to kinda off pull it to fit the bolts on the wheel well. Overall, fitment was good but I would have like to use my stock undertray since I could have used the zero lift feature and ducting on the undertray. Power gain is very noticable though, fells like it gain at least 25whp or more, which I'm happy about.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 11:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Here are some pics I took. Looks very stock, which is great.

Old Apr 18, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Ya, any big FMIC's are going to require mods to the lower undertray. All you need to trim is the width of the FMIC which is either 3" or 4". Those are some good looking pics I have to say as it fills up the whole front bumper.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 04:12 PM

I don't know what problems I'm gonna have in the long run but here's what I did.

I raised the race FMIC about 1/2" by drilling a new hole on the upper bracket. I was able to get the crash beam on but it's a really tight fit. The inside of the beam is touching the sides of the FMIC.

I found some extra bolts that fit the 2 bottom holes on the FMIC and I secured the 2 brackets on each hole. I then drilled holes on the brackets to secure them to the lower frame using the self-tapping screws.

Instead of the stock bottom tray, I butchered my APR splitter. I used most of the existing holes to mount the splitter to the bumper lip.

All these work was done on a '03 Evo 8 with a 9 front bumper conversion. I will post some pictures in a couple of days.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Ya, it does fit the crash bar with the Race FMIC. It is just really tight, but once installed fits like a tight glove.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:15 AM
S-1

Problem taken care of!
Thanks Ryan. I'll be anxiously awaiting the Race Core.

Last edited by S-1; Apr 20, 2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

any more of these FMIC Kit? or any plans in future for one more GB? thanks
Old Apr 25, 2006, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

did any body else have this problem?

i was trying to get my race core on over the weekend and i realized that the right outlet had a piece welded to fit the stock lic piping but the left outlet had no welded piece to fit the stock lic piping...the out let was way too big....anybody have this probelem? how did u fix it?
Old Apr 25, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JDMgrafiteMR
i was trying to get my race core on over the weekend and i realized that the right outlet had a piece welded to fit the stock lic piping but the left outlet had no welded piece to fit the stock lic piping...the out let was way too big....anybody have this probelem? how did u fix it?
Use the reducer that was supplied.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

I just wanted to say thanks to all the customers that made this such a successful group buy.

FYI, if you ever need anything let me know.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:55 AM
S-1

Ryan,
Are the Race core's in yet?

Quick Reply: FMIC Kit Super Sale $499!!!!!!!