Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

3" Stainless Steel Downpipes w/flex section $285

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2003, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually haven't had any problems with our oil pans getting heated up. I haven't had our donwpipe on there for a real long time, but we have good clearence space which I think helps to.

Ceramic coating helps if you are concerned about the heat.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Any pics yet?
Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

I got pics of everything I just need to get them onto the computer so that you can see them. This is a really really good deal for what you are getting.

I know you guys will like the set up. I will get the pics up before the weekend is over. So check this thread out and check our web site for updates www.rnrracing.com
Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

We will also have pics of our 3" 02 elim downpipe up as well before the weekend is over. This will be a huge uprade for you guys. We have already finished it we just are waiting on flages before we can build and sell a lot of them.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Another we are now offering is the the mirror polish finish. This will make the downpipe look really good under the car and under the hood.

The cost to mirror polish a stianless steel downpipe is
$100 for regular downpipe
$115 for 02 elim downpipe
Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Will you also have pics of the different tips offered on our catback and additional closeup pics of it installed on an Evo? A sound clip would also be nice I am probably going to go with your catback but I'm waiting to at least see some more pics. What brand/size muffler is used?
Old Aug 28, 2003, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, we are going to post up pics of all the different tips that we have available. I think I posted that in the catback thread.

We are offering both 4" and 5" tips. With both straight and angle cut.

We have a contract with Bullet. It is a straight through muffler exactly like Magnaflow and Dynomax. The Bullet has a polished stinaless steel canister. We have been using this exact muffler for years on the DSM's and they have worked out really really well.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 12:38 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I hope your exhaust system is not too loud. A sound clip or comparision will be more informative. Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Our system sounds exactly like the Buschur catback. I heard them both rigth next to each other and they sund the same. I am sorry we don't have a sound clip. It's ins't loud inside the car at all.

I currnetly have a 3" turbo back with no cat and no resonators. I personally think it is on the quiet side. The only thing is that you can't get it to any louder than a true 3" turbo back with no restrictions at all.

Hopefully one of our customers can get a sound clip up here pretty soon. I know several people have said they would. We have had nothing but a lot of happy customers who love the system.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

The Buschur is the loudest I've heard, especially without a cat.
The Buschur system extends out from rear bumper cover about an inch. Is the RnR system the same..or is it flush or tucked in like stock? Can't wait to see the pics
Old Aug 29, 2003, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

The buschur system is the loudest because it is just like ours and makes good power. It is loud because it has no restrictions, no resonators, no silencers, louvers and comes with a striaght through muffler. Trust me our exhaust isn't loud at all. Inside the car it is very mild at best.

We can make the muffler extend past the bumper or stock style where it is flush with the bumper.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 05:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RnR Racing
Our system sounds exactly like the Buschur catback. I heard them both rigth next to each other and they sund the same. I am sorry we don't have a sound clip. It's ins't loud inside the car at all.

I currnetly have a 3" turbo back with no cat and no resonators. I personally think it is on the quiet side. The only thing is that you can't get it to any louder than a true 3" turbo back with no restrictions at all.

Hopefully one of our customers can get a sound clip up here pretty soon. I know several people have said they would. We have had nothing but a lot of happy customers who love the system.
If that is the case, I'm out for sure. The Buscher system is way to damn loud and raspy for my old ears... Guess I'm back to dropping a huge chunk on the AMS. Now that's music. Might still be interested in your O2 eliminator down pipe though...
Old Aug 29, 2003, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

The way to make any exhaust system sound quieter and smoother is to a resonator. This is what a few customers have done. We can add two of them and then it will sound similar to the Greddy and HKS unit.

The key to making it smoother is to add resonators to it to drop the noise level. The good thing about these is that they are straight through so it doesn't add any major restrictions.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 05:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The AMS sound files are floating around here somewhere... I believe they were with out a resinator...
Old Aug 31, 2003, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Pics will hopefully be up before the holiday weekend is over. We are having trouble finding the cable for the camera and of course no one sells this speical one we need.

We are also working on getting a sound clip up.

Quick Reply: 3" Stainless Steel Downpipes w/flex section $285