Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

NEW HYPERFLOW Front Mount IC's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2003, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Details, shmetails. Just no She-Males!!!!
Old Dec 30, 2003, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by rubelcon
Eric,

Take a close look at the TXS car, and the hyperflow fmic, these are actually two different units. I am calling this to attention b/c the end caps are of different geometry, did they make a change to these since CEMA?
Bro,

I'm not saying it's not but it's really hard to tell with the bumper cover on it. Also hyperflow is engraved on the left endtank on the TXS car. I know TXS just has hyperflow make everything. I have used thir FMIC on friends WRXs and they are nice. HEAVY BTW.

Also looks like TXS had a falling out with hyperflow so they might not be retailing their products anymore. Hyperflow again makes good ICs I would say much better then anything else available in the market today.

ERic
Old Dec 30, 2003, 07:57 AM

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

Also looks like TXS had a falling out with hyperflow so they might not be retailing their products anymore. Hyperflow again makes good ICs I would say much better then anything else available in the market today.

ERic
We are not saying what happened with Hyperflow and TurboXS, because we do not know. We do know that Hyperflow approached us about becoming the US distributor for their product and we were happy to help them.

As far as TurboXS, they make great products for both your EVO's and the WRX, we are a dealer for their products and would like to remain that way. Whatever happened, happened, the products are still in the market, just being distributed by a different company.

Eric, Thanks for your help.

- Chris
Old Dec 30, 2003, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Eric,

When I used to race for Subaru of America, SCCA Pro-Solo & Pro-Solo2 classes, out team was sponsored by MRT, which is one of the major Aussie core manufacturers. Indeed, they used to work with Hyperflow in terms of core developement, so we know that they make a good product.

I personally think that this FMIC looks very nice, and a great price including shipping.

Therefore, free bump on the sweet price.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

my eyes are shot

My eyesight is fading fast - Is this a bar & plate or tube and fin?

Also, how hard is this install - I've looked for directions but can't find any....any links out there or advice? I'm assuming it's easy -bolt on - but would like step by step instructions that would be good for an 8 year old

Rob
Old Dec 30, 2003, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Re: my eyes are shot

Originally posted by Flames-666
My eyesight is fading fast - Is this a bar & plate or tube and fin?

Also, how hard is this install - I've looked for directions but can't find any....any links out there or advice? I'm assuming it's easy -bolt on - but would like step by step instructions that would be good for an 8 year old

Rob
Only thing that needs to be cut are two taps in the bumper cover on the intercooler side. Everything else is complete bolt on. Take cover off, take beam off and swap and put it back together.

Eric
Old Dec 30, 2003, 12:13 PM

Re: Re: my eyes are shot

Only thing that needs to be cut are two taps in the bumper cover on the intercooler side. Everything else is complete bolt on. Take cover off, take beam off and swap and put it back together.

Eric
Need a job? lol..

What he said.

- Chris
Old Dec 30, 2003, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: Re: my eyes are shot

Originally posted by XX Tuning

Need a job? lol..

What he said.

- Chris
Thank you for your kind offer. I know more use-less **** then anyone one alive about aftermarket products and how to install them. Call it a sick hobby My Wife does

If you are truly looking to hire a very smart savvy car enthusiast that knows as ALMOST much as I do. I can recommend a very good friend that lives in Stamford.

Oh Flames it is Bar and Plate.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

more info

Eric,

Thanks for the info...keep it coming...when you say "taps" what do you mean? Also, taking the bumper cover on/off my WRX was a pain in the *** - can you or anyone else point out to us newbies how to do this expertly?

XXTuning - I need whp numbers, they don't have to be exact but, approximately how much can a stock evo with turbo back expect?
Real data will sell these better than good looks for guys like me.

Thanks in advance - Happy New Year
Old Dec 30, 2003, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Re: more info

Originally posted by Flames-666
Eric,

Thanks for the info...keep it coming...when you say "taps" what do you mean? Also, taking the bumper cover on/off my WRX was a pain in the *** - can you or anyone else point out to us newbies how to do this expertly?

XXTuning - I need whp numbers, they don't have to be exact but, approximately how much can a stock evo with turbo back expect?
Real data will sell these better than good looks for guys like me.

Thanks in advance - Happy New Year
Oh sorry I ment tabs. When you tak the bumper cover off you will see them. The cover on the EVO is much much easyer to take off over the WRX.

So in detail,
Take off splash sheild (many many plastic push bottoms)
Take Bumper cover off. First take off the bolts on the front frame and work to the sides. The bumper cover is held in by plastic tabs that all you need to do is carfully pull off.

Then the Beam is exposed and that's all the easy stuff from there.

Eric
Old Jan 2, 2004, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Hyperflow is what TXS sells.

I've got a small number EVO and WRX intercoolers in stock that will move at rock bottom prices next week and then we will no longer be selling Hyperflow products. XX and the rest of our dealers may choose to still supply the consumer with these goods. They are a quality product that we’ve been very happy with and I wish them well.

As for why, I don't really want to get into that right now, as this is not the place or the time. Further, I’d appreciate it if vendors who are selling these items not purchased from TurboXS refrain from using our pictures to sell their goods.

Thanks,
-Nathan
www.turboxs.com