Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

EVO 3-gauge panel (Craighardy's)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2004, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I thought the panel was molded w/ attachment lugs. It's no wonder that my prior questions on the attachment method went unanswered! You can't know how glad I am that the pictures posted above showed up here.

It is notable that the A/C controls float in their chassis and are fixed in position by the two screws which mate with this panel. In other words this thing is only held in by whatever means (e.g. double sided tape / velcro / whatever) one comes up with.

Originally posted by Zeus
Soooo double stick tape securing the top?
Old Apr 3, 2004, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Well I definitely want in on this next batch. I was on the first list but since he went to group s for getting stuff done and I didnt prepay somehow I got missed. =(

Oh well I definitely want in on this!!!!
Old Apr 4, 2004, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

don't know if double stick tape is the best of ideas for securing it...what if u need to take it off

I think some thin velcro is a better idea
Old Apr 4, 2004, 04:57 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Securing it is a bit of a ***** (still haven't done mine) but the fact that holes are not sanded is good because you can stick your gauges in and they sits there pretty tight
Old Apr 5, 2004, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone want to sell their's?
Old Apr 6, 2004, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by strat
And I thought the panel was molded w/ attachment lugs. It's no wonder that my prior questions on the attachment method went unanswered! You can't know how glad I am that the pictures posted above showed up here.

It is notable that the A/C controls float in their chassis and are fixed in position by the two screws which mate with this panel. In other words this thing is only held in by whatever means (e.g. double sided tape / velcro / whatever) one comes up with.

If you secure the climate controls to the dash board the panel will be pulled in tight by the 2 screws. The top gets wedged in under the the upper vent panel, the gauge panel will be very secure and does not move at all if installed correctly.

It is almost impossible to duplicate the factory clips in fiberglass and they will eventually break off. Keep in mind that this is not a factory part that just snaps in, but if you install it correctly it will fit and look like a factory panel. I will try to post a step by step installation guide soon.

Thanks,
Craig
Old Apr 6, 2004, 09:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Throw a few pics in of it going under the A/C vents... The piece looks really nice, but I concerned about how it being secured will hold up over time.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

i've got the 60mm one. anyone have the 52mm that they want to trade?
Jeremy
Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:02 AM
CJK
Evolving Member

haven't installed mine yet, but I am getting more and more discouraged at the comments being made about installing this thing with double sided tape, velcro, whatever...

Install pics so we can do this the right way would be very appreciated!
Old Apr 7, 2004, 11:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:34 PM
CJK
Evolving Member

Nice pics...waiting to see how to install before I do mine...little worried still on installing mine, and wondering about what others have stated on how this piece stays in its location
Old Apr 7, 2004, 04:38 PM

nice pics
Old Apr 7, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by jerastan
i've got the 60mm one. anyone have the 52mm that they want to trade?
Jeremy
I've got an A-pillar from Lancershop, 52mm, dual pod I'm looking to get rid of... (Brand new, never opened.)

PM me if intested..

Last edited by sneakychaos; Apr 7, 2004 at 05:10 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by CJK
Nice pics...waiting to see how to install before I do mine...little worried still on installing mine, and wondering about what others have stated on how this piece stays in its location
You do not need to use velcro or double sided tape, the screws will hold the panel in tight as long as the climate controls are secured to the dash. I will post some installation pictures as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Craig
Old Apr 7, 2004, 09:47 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Gruppe-S

Nice pics, but what size are those gauges? They are a bit too big for my tastes... then again, I am old... the glasses don't help as much as they used to...

Quick Reply: EVO 3-gauge panel (Craighardy's)