Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

⇨⇨⇨⇨On Sale!!! Ambit Wheels Gloss White 18x10.5 +22⇦⇦⇦⇦

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

to the top
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Old Dec 30, 2015, 05:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want to go ahead and BUMP this up for a very specific reason.

I own a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata, and was looking for wheels a few months ago. I came across Ambit, and like you guys, I saw very very inexpensive wheels in a few appealing designs. Most importantly, what I saw was that Ambit claimed JWL / VIA Certification on their wheels.

As an Engineer with years of experience in both product testing and manufacturing, I thought to myself "How can they sell these for so little, and still afford to QC them like they're claiming?". Short answer...they can't.

I promptly contacted Ambit with a question, requesting proof of their certification for the wheels I had bought (RS18 Flow Formed 15x8, ET+25). No reply after a week. I contacted them again, insisting that they back-up their claim. What followed was a 30 email-long argument, finally ending in Ambit's admission that their wheels ARE NOT in fact JWL / VIA certified.

Jacky, the Ambit rep, went so far out of his way to try and baffle me with BS. He sent me fake testing certs for wheels that they don't even produce; he sent me a blacked-out version of the JWL Certification for their manufacturers testing equipment, in which he went out of his way to hide the actual manufacturers name. Well, I'm crafty, and I found out who makes them. I also applied for access to the VIA Wheel Registration Database, and was granted full access. I can literally find any wheel that is VIA registered. Ambit nor their manufacturer were listed. I contacted the VIA personally, and they also confirmed that these people had not had a single "Ambit" wheels certified.

Finally, last night, I requested that Ambit remove the VIA and JWL marking from their wheels and website, because use of those trademarks on unregistered wheels is not only highly illegal, but dangerous and misleading. The Ambit rep agreed to do so, but begrudgingly so.

Straight-up, these guys are clowns. My advice is to avoid them at all costs, unless you're just looking for a very cheap wheel. I would not in a million years drive hard on these wheels, nor would I track them.

For anyone wondering, I have all of the emails between us, photos of their manufacturing plant, the fake test report, etc.