Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

TBE Only +68whp DG Tuned..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBE Only +68whp DG Tuned..

Today we had a nice silver Evo X Gsr come in for a tune with only a tbe. Needless to say, the car picked up a nice amount over the 202whp baseline.

It really is incredible how well this all new 4b11-T motor takes Timing/Mivec compared to the older generation 4g63 motors. For reference we finished up a full bolt on evo 8 w/ cams. The car left with roughly the same power as this evo x with only a tbe! (Dyno Dynamics set to a 1.0 Correction Factor)

Off to the charts.......

Mods:

- Ultimate Racing o2 Eliminator Downpipe
- Test Pipe
- Greddy Exhaust

Tune Software:

- Ecuflash
- Evoscan

Note: Stock Ecu Controlled Boost

Gains:

+60whp/65wtq @ 4,500rpm

+70whp/70wtq @ 5,750rpm

+70whp/50wtq @ 6,750rpm

Final Numbers: 270whp/285wtq @ 25psi 93 Octane

Car drives/idles like stock. Nice smooth linear power! Look how well power under the curve has improved!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Wow that's some awesome gains on TBE alone!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Evo Xs gain a lot from the tune because the stock tune is so poor. I tuned a stock Evo X and gained 63 hp and 46 ft-lb @ 6800 rpm from the stock baseline. That was on 91 octane with adding boost leaning out the AFR to the mid 11s and retarding the ridiculously advanced timing.

The 4b11 has a better flowing head than the 4g63, but that is about it. The 4g63 block is much much stronger than the 4b11.

Also the Evo X is about 250 lbs heavier than the 8/9 so it needs more power than the 8/9 to overcome that heft.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Nice! Let me get this straight, is the 202HP baseline dyno pull already with the TBE installed?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:00 PM
.MM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
Evo Xs gain a lot from the tune because the stock tune is so poor. I tuned a stock Evo X and gained 63 hp and 46 ft-lb @ 6800 rpm from the stock baseline. That was on 91 octane with adding boost leaning out the AFR to the mid 11s and retarding the ridiculously advanced timing.

The 4b11 has a better flowing head than the 4g63, but that is about it. The 4g63 block is much much stronger than the 4b11.

Also the Evo X is about 250 lbs heavier than the 8/9 so it needs more power than the 8/9 to overcome that heft.
says who?

i dont think anyone has proven that the 4b11t block is much much weaker than the 4g63.

and there is actually more to the 4b11t than a better flowing head..
Old Jul 14, 2009, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by .MM
says who?

i dont think anyone has proven that the 4b11t block is much much weaker than the 4g63.

and there is actually more to the 4b11t than a better flowing head..
+1. I have seen many claims but yet no one can provide conclusive data, just hearsay and theory.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 04:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tipoytm
Nice! Let me get this straight, is the 202HP baseline dyno pull already with the TBE installed?
Yes.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 04:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
+1. I have seen many claims but yet no one can provide conclusive data, just hearsay and theory.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

im coming in sunday. TBE + intake. hope to see similar gains. i would have thought he woulda put down more as a baseline though. wow. hope i pick up 70+whp =]
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:48 AM

[QUOTE]im coming in sunday. TBE + intake. hope to see similar gains. i would have thought he woulda put down more as a baseline though. wow. hope i pick up 70+whp =][QUOTE]

Dont worry man Pete will make sure you reach the numbers you want...I made almost the same power this kid did with a cat back and intake. Your car will breath alot better then mine and you'll have the added power from the intake. You will be very happy with your car when DG gets done with it.

I'll be down there sunday hope to see some nice cars making good power.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bwagner31
im coming in sunday. TBE + intake. hope to see similar gains. i would have thought he woulda put down more as a baseline though. wow. hope i pick up 70+whp =]
the hotter it gets, the lower these cars will baseline unfortunately. You will make good power, don't worry!

[QUOTE=Hrdcoreathlete;7278543][QUOTE]im coming in sunday. TBE + intake. hope to see similar gains. i would have thought he woulda put down more as a baseline though. wow. hope i pick up 70+whp =]

Dont worry man Pete will make sure you reach the numbers you want...I made almost the same power this kid did with a cat back and intake. Your car will breath alot better then mine and you'll have the added power from the intake. You will be very happy with your car when DG gets done with it.

I'll be down there sunday hope to see some nice cars making good power.
see you there!
Old Jul 15, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

That was my VIII that was tuned prior to this X. More and more I am becoming a huge fan of the potential of the X's. In fact I plan to take the plunge before December.

For those of you who have never driven a X, the handling and brakes are stellar. But I always thought the power to weight ratio was not up to snuff. I recently took my friend's bone stock X for a tune and I cannot believe how much power it gained. Just from a tune! And regardless of numbers, I hate it when people niggle about + or - 5/10HP, the proof is in the driving. I felt minimal lag with a very broad torque band early in the rev range. Outstanding for a daily driver.

For reference my car made 345whp on a dynojet 2 years ago on a cold day in February. I took it to DG Motors and put down 244whp. Yeah I know...not so sexy. But thats just how the dynodynamic reads. I just wanted to have confidence in my car for the track and check up on AFR's and knock.

Long story short. Charlie, aka Kreionic, listened to what I wanted to accomplish and what I use it for and he did a very thorough job tuning it for road courses. He knew that road courses will run the car really hot so he tried to tune replicating race conditions. He kept the hood down and did minimal breaks between runs. Even with the extra heat he was able to gain 20+WHP. He felt there was a little more to be had but the car was running really smooth and this is where good sense says to stop.

I did not expect to get extra power because my car was already tuned by a reputable tuner. Who will remain nameless because I want to focus on results and not tuner comparisons. But to get +20 whp is amazing results that speak for themselves. I am loving my car again and I blame Charlie's tuning for possibly delaying my plans to get a X.

Big thanks to Charlie and I can't forget to give props to Pete at DG motors. He was extremely professional, and his attitude reflects in his shop. It is well run, clean and orderly.

I will definitely be stopping by DG Motors when I get my X. In fact after reviewing their youtube videos it seems Pete has a bad *** 400+whp X himself. I should have asked for a ride.

DG motors and Charlie are class acts. Hands down.

Last edited by inslowoutfast; Jul 15, 2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by inslowoutfast
That was my VIII that was tuned prior to this X. More and more I am becoming a huge fan of the potential of the X's. In fact I plan to take the plunge before December.

For those of you who have never driven a X, the handling and brakes are stellar. But I always thought the power to weight ratio was not up to snuff. I recently took my friend's bone stock X for a tune and I cannot believe how much power it gained. Just from a tune! And regardless of numbers, I hate it when people niggle about + or - 5/10HP, the proof is in the driving. I felt minimal lag with a very broad torque band early in the rev range. Outstanding for a daily driver.

For reference my car made 345whp on a dynojet 2 years ago on a cold day in February. I took it to DG Motors and put down 244whp. Yeah I know...not so sexy. But thats just how the dynodynamic reads. I just wanted to have confidence in my car for the track and check up on AFR's and knock.

Long story short. Charlie, aka Kreionic, listened to what I wanted to accomplish and what I use it for and he did a very thorough job tuning it for road courses. He knew that road courses will run the car really hot so he tried to tune replicating race conditions. He kept the hood down and did minimal breaks between runs. Even with the extra heat he was able to gain 20+WHP. He felt there was a little more to be had but the car was running really smooth and this is where good sense says to stop.

I did not expect to get extra power because my car was already tuned by a reputable tuner. Who will remain nameless because I want to focus on results and not tuner comparisons. But to get +20 whp is amazing results that speak for themselves. I am loving my car again and I blame Charlie's tuning for possibly delaying my plans to get a X.

Big thanks to Charlie and I can't forget to give props to Pete at DG motors. He was extremely professional, and his attitude reflects in his shop. It is well run, clean and orderly.

I will definitely be stopping by DG Motors when I get my X. In fact after reviewing their youtube videos it seems Pete has a bad *** 400+whp X himself. I should have asked for a ride.

DG motors and Charlie are class acts. Hands down.
Thank You and we are glad you are enjoying your car even more now. Thank You for coming to our facility!
Old Jul 19, 2009, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nj1266

For that extra 250 lbs, it manages to beat the IX's stock for stock on a track... a real track with turns you know? lol
Old Jul 19, 2009, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
For that extra 250 lbs, it manages to beat the IX's stock for stock on a track... a real track with turns you know? lol
thought edmunds had the IX beat a X GSR on streets of willow?? was there another comparo that favored the X around a road course? sorry i dont keep up with the mags much...

Quick Reply: TBE Only +68whp DG Tuned..