Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Brendan's Tuned Evo X 297whp.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 05:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brendan's Tuned Evo X 297whp.

Brendan took advantage of our dyno day special we had a few weeks ago. With some custom tuning on minimal mods, we almost cracked 300whp with this Gsr but felt the car is being pushed hard enough at 297.

With a Catback/Test Pipe/Intake and an o2 dump this is what we squeezed:

Stock boost table are maxed out. With a Forge WGA we can smooth out the boost curve and hold boost much better with less taper.

Either way this car made some nice power. See you in the near future Brendan with some more goodies and a forge wga to help out our boost curve!

Last edited by DG Motors; Jul 31, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Good stuff Bren, why is the boost so low? pill still in place
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

DG Motors - which would hold boost better? an upgraded WGA, or since this car is still on the stock downpipe, would you recommend using the ATP external wastegate downpipe? this way he can get rid of the o2 housing and get an EWG in one shot.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Yea, why is the boost so low? Bump it up a few more psi.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by GGIXMRSE06
Yea, why is the boost so low? Bump it up a few more psi.
DG clearly says the boost tables are maxed out. The low boost may have to do with the crappy weather (HOT and HUMID) that we've been getting lately.

Great work as usual! I have almost identical mods and am hoping to get a tune in the near future.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo_what
DG Motors - which would hold boost better? an upgraded WGA, or since this car is still on the stock downpipe, would you recommend using the ATP external wastegate downpipe? this way he can get rid of the o2 housing and get an EWG in one shot.
I forgot to mention, he has an ewg o2 dump!

A forge wga is needed to hold boost better. It was killer hot and humid during this tuning session. It was late in the day.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Pete- you forgot i have an xtremeboost 02/dp. and on the street ive been hitting 26-27 psi.
a local guy has a x that made 324whp on iveys dyno, i get him by a car or so.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nyc 93-2jzgte
DG clearly says the boost tables are maxed out. The low boost may have to do with the crappy weather (HOT and HUMID) that we've been getting lately.

Great work as usual! I have almost identical mods and am hoping to get a tune in the near future.
+1 and the car was getting more prone to knock..This is the safest we felt leaving the car which did make a nice jump in power from the baseline. Just because it's 23psi doesn't always mean It's going to make more "efficient" power. Your working the turbo harder and making everything much hotter. We always try to utilize timing to our advantage.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ultimateone
Good stuff Bren, why is the boost so low? pill still in place
yeah pill is still in place. i wonder if removing the pill and a few turns on the stock wga would help hold better. im already hitting 26-27psi on the street so i dont need more boost, just less taper.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DG Motors
I forgot to mention, he has an ewg o2 dump!

A forge wga is needed to hold boost better. It was killer hot and humid during this tuning session. It was late in the day.
internal wastegate , not ewg. not sure if that was a typo or not.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bwagner31
Pete- you forgot i have an xtremeboost 02/dp. and on the street ive been hitting 26-27 psi.
a local guy has a x that made 324whp on iveys dyno, i get him by a car or so.
That is just awesome. There you go people. It was so hot at the time we were tuning your car it just would not make any more boost.

I told you our dyno reads low! Idc if a car is making 40-50whp more, 9/10 times you will still take the cake!

Be safe with the car, glad your enjoying it! Keep kickin A$$!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

yeah pill is still in place. i wonder if removing the pill and a few turns on the stock wga would help hold better. im already hitting 26-27psi on the street so i dont need more boost, just less taper.
You can take the pill out. and turn the wga back till you hit 25psi. That should make everything good to go!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DG Motors
You can take the pill out. and turn the wga back till you hit 25psi. That should make everything good to go!
is there any type of guide on how to remove the pill? im afraid that if i start messing with the wga that i wont be able to get boost dialed where i want it.

i also know a guy with an 05 sti. (intake, turboback, fmic, upgraded turbo, injectors, manifold, etc) who made 379whp on a dynapack. also got him by a car. Either way, my car is running well, just wish i could get the boost smoothed out and flatten out my power curve after 5k.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor

is there any type of guide on how to remove the pill? im afraid that if i start messing with the wga that i wont be able to get boost dialed where i want it.

i also know a guy with an 05 sti. (intake, turboback, fmic, upgraded turbo, injectors, manifold, etc) who made 379whp on a dynapack. also got him by a car. Either way, my car is running well, just wish i could get the boost smoothed out and flatten out my power curve after 5k.
There is no worries when removing the boost pills. Take a skinny eyeglass screw driver and push it out through the other end.

I am glad your car is running well. Don't be hesitant to work on your car. Learn it inside and out. Unfortunately you are not around the corner for me to get everything dialed in. Give it a shot and report to me, I'm a phone call away!

I love that your ripping cars making 50+whp more!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

my manifold heatshield from xtremeboost should be arriving soon. Since ill already have the heatshield off and have access to the wga, maybe ill give the boost pill a try.

So im gonna need to loosen the arm on the wga to keep from overboosting? I would think that loosening the wga arm would cancel out the affects of removing the pill.