Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 10 MR + Dom 2.0 + Kelford cams

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very cool thanks for sharing!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 05:56 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
We can work on that I believe. The SST tables are still in beta so there is still more to learn with them. Let's set up a date to go through the car some more. Glad you are happy with the power, now let's get it smoother in "camry mode".

- Bryan
The X has TPS-based boost, right? Maybe just a bit less WGDC/target load in the lower TPS thresholds would cure this, since 'camry mode' usually implies gentle/non-spirited driving.

Cams REALLY woke this car up! 50whp gains, you sure this isn't an evo8?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Any gains on the Blaqops double pump on 91 Octane?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ArchieBabes
Any gains on the Blaqops double pump on 91 Octane?
No need for a double pumper on 91 octane.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lodifreefly
Some comments about the car and cams after driving the car for a couple of days:

Pros: The power is amazing. The numbers (peak gains) don't really do justice to the reality... the area under the curve is so much larger, spool is better, and as a result the car feels SO much stronger it's really unbelievable. The idle is great, the cams don't sound nearly as aggressive as they are.

Cons: Normal-Auto mode is not a happy camper. It shifts too early now and the result is what appears to be/feels like compressor surge if you are accelerating at even a modest rate. Sport fixes the problem if the car is warm, but when cold it seems like Sport keeps the RPMs pretty low too. So, the only thing to do is manual mode. If I keep the car above 3,000rpms, the shifts are smooth and the car will happily accelerate as fast as you want to push it. Any lower than that and I risk surge in the higher gears. This is something that you would have to deal with in a manual car anyways with these mods I imagine... it's just a little annoying for an MR owner since you're used to being able to put the car into "camry mode" with normal-auto to save gas.

That's the *only* downside I've found so far. Tranmission is doing fine so far, but the SSP cooler and deep pan will be going in soon as well as a temp gauge to make sure things stay safe. I am still on the stock clutches and will continue to be until SSP has released a kit that addresses the clamping pressure as well as the clutch life.
Your going to make me go broke Javi!!! Jealous!!!

Glad your enjoying the cams, you'll have to give me a ride in the beast! Loving the TQ seriously!!! Must feel like a solid balance of power and push! I agree we are both at the point were we need to look at keeping the SST cool, so looks like before summer it will be time for the SSP Trans Cooler w/Fluids and Deep Pan.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by scheides
The X has TPS-based boost, right? Maybe just a bit less WGDC/target load in the lower TPS thresholds would cure this, since 'camry mode' usually implies gentle/non-spirited driving.

Cams REALLY woke this car up! 50whp gains, you sure this isn't an evo8?
Yea there is always a trade off with response and surge with the 10's. Some really aggressive mivec settings can surge the car pretty bad in lower RPM as well.

The car might be lugging in normal mode since it's shifting early into lower RPM.

I'll work on it and report any findings.

- bryan
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

There always it's a trade-off right? Tephra needs to let us switch maps based on tranny mode then we can have our cake and eat it too

I'll definitely be in touch Bryan, I think I'd like to schedule the fine tuning at the same time as E85. Although, I'm so happy about the power right now I'm really not that upset about losing "camry-mode"
Old Jan 20, 2010, 01:24 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
There always it's a trade-off right? Tephra needs to let us switch maps based on tranny mode then we can have our cake and eat it too
Send him money for encouragement!
Old Jan 28, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

any updates on this - were you able to resolve the problem?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you planning to go with E85 in the future? it seems like he set it up that way.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Nice gains! any issues with SST shifting ie: P1870?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVSBB6
Nice gains! any issues with SST shifting ie: P1870?
Are you having this issue?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

No updates yet. No codes except p0420 which is test pipe related. Going to have Bryan fine tune when I go in for an e85 tune. That will be next month after I have the ssp cooler and deep pan in.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

No updates yet. No codes except p0420 which is test pipe related. Going to have Bryan fine tune when I go in for an e85 tune. That will be next month after I have the ssp cooler and deep pan in.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Get a Cell Fix from SpeedElement for your P0420. Worked great for me (actually went with two). Haven't had an issue yet with my RRE Rally Cat TP. Picked up some good power but ditching my HFC.

Quick Reply: Evo 10 MR + Dom 2.0 + Kelford cams