Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

500 whp Evo X MR !!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how are the new trans?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002
To prove the capabilities of the SSP products. Whether it is a good idea to drag an MR or not it will prove the products. Whether a time attack car is "affordable" to the general evo public it still proves the products.

I don't get why people think any of this stuff is a bad idea. SSP is proving the MR transmission has lots of potential. By Dragging they prove a launch is possible (in the future clearly) and by Time attack they prove it holds power and torque reliably.
+1
Old Sep 26, 2010, 03:44 PM

thats a sexy *** evo x!!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002
To prove the capabilities of the SSP products. Whether it is a good idea to drag an MR or not it will prove the products. Whether a time attack car is "affordable" to the general evo public it still proves the products.

I don't get why people think any of this stuff is a bad idea. SSP is proving the MR transmission has lots of potential. By Dragging they prove a launch is possible (in the future clearly) and by Time attack they prove it holds power and torque reliably.

SSP's products for the Evo are top notch. Not only do they make the clutches, coolers etc for the MR that we know about, but they also make a clutch master cylinder for the gsr that is very baller.

Jeremy's car is very much a beast. The amount of mods he has done go way beyond what most people would ever even consider. His car and my car prove beyond a doubt that the SST trans can take power and abuse with proper supporting mods (just like any other platform). Some of the issues that people have with them randomly failing, while unfortunate (and expensive) are not all that unusual for any new product. Keep in mind that the gsr's have been known to randomly eat transmissions mechanically (pins) as well. Anyone who has been paying attention knows the stock pressure plate in the gsr is not up to the task if pushed even moderately hard. It all comes down to "if you want to play, you gotta pay".

Regarding the racing posts in this thread. All I'm going to say on that is racing is expensive, risky, and potentially catastrophic. It doesn't matter what kind of racing it is. The evo x platform is not cheap. It's not stupid expensive, but cheap it is not. If you want to race cheaply, Hot Wheels sells a really cool door mounted drag strip for those little cars. (wich by the way I LOVE).
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:49 AM

great power car looks awesome!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:26 PM

This makes me want an MR. Nice job!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 07:11 PM

Nice Job
Old Oct 3, 2010, 06:19 PM

great job! I need to start working on my MR more.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So when logging TPS does it literally show 50% when doing a launch? I think I read that you can't raise the launch revs either on the MR, but if you could then 7k might help the bigger turbo. With some creative MIVEC you may be able to get super spool by putting a stripe of extra exhaust retard and intake advance from 100-160 load at the stationary limiter RPM. I'll poke around a bit to see if I find something as I'll be flying out to Edmonton in 1-2 months to tune an MR out there for one of my new 2011 One Lap sponsors. He'll also have upgraded clutch packs and is probably going with a BB-X turbo.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
So when logging TPS does it literally show 50% when doing a launch? I think I read that you can't raise the launch revs either on the MR, but if you could then 7k might help the bigger turbo. With some creative MIVEC you may be able to get super spool by putting a stripe of extra exhaust retard and intake advance from 100-160 load at the stationary limiter RPM. I'll poke around a bit to see if I find something as I'll be flying out to Edmonton in 1-2 months to tune an MR out there for one of my new 2011 One Lap sponsors. He'll also have upgraded clutch packs and is probably going with a BB-X turbo.
Yes, it will show reduced throttle. The stationary rev limit is about 22%tps, and in first gear you get reductions from 4k to 5.5k with the standard mitsubishi interpolation coming up to and away from that range.

When you are logging first gear, you probly will want to log accelerator pedal position so you can see the difference.

Anti lag should work on a stock frame or twin scroll housing, however the places you have to jack up the map for that to work, you hit during normal driving, so I never bothered with it.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:42 PM

Question

who tune the car, and this a stock ECU ?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by foreigner
who tune the car, and this a stock ECU ?
The car was tuned the first time by Jack Cecil @ HP Logic in Florida. I then had a new turbo set up, rod bolts, MDR boost clamp, MDR custom intake, and a new tune provided by Kozmic and the guys from MDR Performance.

Here's a couple quick videos of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIZJ4P0_3Mk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofPCFq-MTbI
Old Oct 4, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

I drool @ da powah you make Jeremy!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

have you taken the car back to the track too see what new times you can run?
i currently have an 09 ralliart with evo x turbo tuned at ams with 310whp and 306tq and my best time was a 12.27 at 110.57
Old Oct 5, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Damn!!! I wish my MR sounded like that!

Quick Reply: 500 whp Evo X MR !!