Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo x Iveytune.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo x Iveytune.

Ok so I got tuned at Ivey today. He's a great guy and knows a lot about these cars and he has a great staff working with him. Hes the best tuner in the Tristate area. However, I didn't make the power i was hoping to. I dont know if this is do to a very conservative tune or maybe a boost leak? I was hoping to make closer to 350/345 around that. I dont know. Please tell me your opinion on this thanks.
My mods are as follows:
Tomei Catback
Tomei Test pipe
AMS o2 widemouth downpipe
AGP FMIC
Nisei UICP
K&N filter

I have seen people with less mods with more power who have gotten tuned here including my friend. Again im not bashing Sean because he is handsdown one of the nicest guys I've ever met and is the best tuner around.
Attached Thumbnails Evo x Iveytune.-get-attachment-7.aspx.jpeg  
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see you posted on my YouTube video too...I'll say here what I said there:

Different cars react differently to mods and tunes. The atmospheric conditions on any given day will also affect the tune - the temperature, humidity, etc.

A dyno is only a tool to assist in the tuning process and measure performance gains. Compare your baseline and your max power charts and that tells the real story. Don't get all caught up in your final numbers. You should definitely be happy with your results, and rest assured that you've got a safe, reliable tune. You're in good hands with Ivey

Just out of curiosity, what is your boost peaking at?

Last edited by macPSU; Jun 16, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
Evolved Member

Tune is spot on and every car is different too.

Some things that may have made your numbers different then your friends:
1. Different mods work better together then others
2. Weather condition (Heat, Humidity)
3. Boost Levels (As you know)

All you really have for mods is a full exhaust and a fmic. An intake would give a few more ponies as well. I have only seen 2 stock turbo cars at Iveys dyno over 350whp on pump gas and they both had cams. I think your spot on for your car. More importantely how does it feel, a number is just a number.
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
This can be many things. Like other guys got tuned by colder dryer weather. Parts miss match. Some times one type of the parts you put together make less then other set ups.
Boost leak Sean would know it. He usually does conservative tune. Nobody really needs aggressive tune. No one like to blow the engine. If you go too far out of the safe limit , little difference can blow your engine. Like bad fuel.

But im not a tuner , so i do not know what the car should make with your situation.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:11 PM

the car feels good, its just i worry about the numbers sometimes. Also im not sure about the boost. where on the dynosheet is that?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

you got A/F ratio, not boost . He knows what boos t he tuned you on.
As long as the car feels smooth , strong, and no cel light. You shouldn't be worry. The car will run strong and fine.

Rob
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Billy's MR
the car feels good, its just i worry about the numbers sometimes. Also im not sure about the boost. where on the dynosheet is that?
Your probably tuned to 25psi.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
you got A/F ratio, not boost . He knows what boos t he tuned you on.
As long as the car feels smooth , strong, and no cel light. You shouldn't be worry. The car will run strong and fine.

Rob
sounds good thanks man appreciate the help. the nmbers just seemed a lttle low, i though i may have messed up on something. Im really just a numbers type of person.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:16 PM

problem is im looking into the future lol. im thinking about my power with my future FP red and cma s and built motor etc.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm assuming you don't have a boost gauge? Like Srt said it's probably 25psi or a hair over.

If the car pulls hard and smooth all the way through the powerband, you know you have a good tune.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Billy's MR
sounds good thanks man appreciate the help. the nmbers just seemed a lttle low, i though i may have messed up on something. Im really just a numbers type of person.
don't sweat on it. The numbers are on the dyno, they are just a reference points, how much you gain with the parts you bought , and working as you wanted or not
On the side note, i saw your sig, you ordered some extra exhaust parts.
Well, test pipe vs test pipe you will NOT gain anything. Not even a bling factor since its under the car and who cares anyway...
Also i dont know the design difference on the exhaust what you order , but i think you just blow the money on that one too.
That money you will spend on that both item, you could put that money in a good use, in your engine, like cams or intake ...
You will gain more whp /ergo whp numbers / , and that will make you much more happier.

I know its only my opinion , but it might worth to think about it for a minute, if you are a number guy.

Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 16, 2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
don't sweat on it. The numbers are on the dyno, they are just a reference points, how much you gain with the parts you bought , and working as you wanted or not
On the side note, i saw your sig, you ordered some extra exhaust parts.
Well, test pipe vs test pipe you will NOT gain anything. Not even a bling factor since its under the car and who cares anyway...
Also i dont know the design difference on the exhaust what you order , but i think you just blow the money on that one too.
That money you will spend on that both item, you could put that money in a good use, in your engine, like cams or intake ...
You will gain more whp /ergo whp numbers / , and that will make you much more happier.

I know its only my opinion , but it might worth to think about it for a minute, if you are a number guy.

Rob
nope thats a misunderstanding lol!!!! I already have this exhaust im not getting another one. I just never changed my sig from when it was on order. Ive always had the same TP and catback. but i agree anyways.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:13 PM

but honestly in your opinions. are these numbers a little low for my mods?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:42 PM

You might have not made the biggest absolute number for your mods, but having 300+ whp from 5200-7600 rpm is an amazing powerband and that you should feel on the road more than a peak number. Hell your stock turbo car makes 320whp at 7600 rpm!! It is the combination of parts that determine the shape of the curve. This combo might have given up a littke peak power around 6500 but pulls strong all the way to redline!!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:55 PM

jusy got back from a spirited drive. ca definitely pulls hard. I just get self conscious about numbers.

Quick Reply: Evo x Iveytune.