Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

boostin performance tune vs Ams tune

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 09:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
boostin performance tune vs Ams tune

To start my mods are not huge this list is all I got everything else is stock. Both shops have mentioned my car has been kind of a freak when it comes to making power and tq. On the high side . My car has currently 120+k on the ticker . I had 2 tunes in a matter of a month. AMS uses dyno jet and Boostin Performance uses mustang dyno. I personally prefer mustang dynos . numbers don't matter its the ride and street ability
that matters . Jacob @ AMS(very cool guy ) tuned me in @ 363 whp & 389 wtq on a dyno jet and Devin (also a very cool guy ) @ Boostin Performance tuned me in @ 329whp & 347 wtq on the mustang . their mustang dyno reads 13% less than dyno jet so add 13% to 329whp 42.77 =376whp add 13% to 347 wtq 45.11 =392 wtq. . On the dyno plot my baseline is the AMS tune on the mustang dyno , its the dotted lines . Solid lines are the Boostin Performance tune. Devon was able to get more power and tq with less boost and a very clean power . pulls hard as hell and feels smooth all the way to redline. Don't get me wrong both tunes were fun ,But BOOSTIN PERFORMANCE NAILED IT.
cobb 3 port abc
Ams intake
Ams uicp
Ams widemouth dp
Ams Testpipe
Ams test pipe back twin tip exhaust ( Discontinued ,no silencers in place)
Ams FMIC
v3 Cobb accessport
Meijer 93 octane lol yep Meijer 93 did better than shell every time so I use Meijer 93
Attached Thumbnails boostin performance tune vs Ams tune-fullsizerender.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Boostin Perform (Jan 5, 2018)
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am assuming AMS tuned first? If so when boosted started there tune did they start with your pre AMS tune base or did they build off the AMS tune?

Both shops are great just wonder if they had equal starting on the map.

Nice numbers BTW.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by sonicrx
To start my mods are not huge this list is all I got everything else is stock. Both shops have mentioned my car has been kind of a freak when it comes to making power and tq. On the high side . My car has currently 120+k on the ticker . I had 2 tunes in a matter of a month. AMS uses dyno jet and Boostin Performance uses mustang dyno. I personally prefer mustang dynos . numbers don't matter its the ride and street ability
that matters . Jacob @ AMS(very cool guy ) tuned me in @ 363 whp & 389 wtq on a dyno jet and Devin (also a very cool guy ) @ Boostin Performance tuned me in @ 329whp & 347 wtq on the mustang . their mustang dyno reads 13% less than dyno jet so add 13% to 329whp 42.77 =376whp add 13% to 347 wtq 45.11 =392 wtq. . On the dyno plot my baseline is the AMS tune on the mustang dyno , its the dotted lines . Solid lines are the Boostin Performance tune. Devon was able to get more power and tq with less boost and a very clean power . pulls hard as hell and feels smooth all the way to redline. Don't get me wrong both tunes were fun ,But BOOSTIN PERFORMANCE NAILED IT.
cobb 3 port abc
Ams intake
Ams uicp
Ams widemouth dp
Ams Testpipe
Ams test pipe back twin tip exhaust ( Discontinued ,no silencers in place)
Ams FMIC
v3 Cobb accessport
Meijer 93 octane lol yep Meijer 93 did better than shell every time so I use Meijer 93
Its great to hear that you are satisfied!! Let us know if you need anything in the future!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by BCOZEVO
I am assuming AMS tuned first? If so when boosted started there tune did they start with your pre AMS tune base or did they build off the AMS tune?

Both shops are great just wonder if they had equal starting on the map.

Nice numbers BTW.
Boostin started with a base map just like Ams did . Ams tunes are locked . So they both started from the ground up. Same mods and same gas . Like I said both shops are great but Boostin performance outshined Ams this time. Everyone at Boostin performance was amazing Andrew , Cisco and Devin thank you for everything man money well spent with these guys
Old Jan 5, 2018, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I use to have AMS tune on my AMS built evo but the true power came when I went to Ivey Tune. AMS was just too conservative back then for me and I needed a lot more they made me 450ish Ivey made me 600 on pump gas
Old Jan 5, 2018, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
I use to have AMS tune on my AMS built evo but the true power came when I went to Ivey Tune. AMS was just too conservative back then for me and I needed a lot more they made me 450ish Ivey made me 600 on pump gas
150 hp difference that can’t be with everything being equal / same mods and fuel??
That’s a big difference even if AMS is on the conservative side.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII
150 hp difference that can’t be with everything being equal / same mods and fuel??
That’s a big difference even if AMS is on the conservative side.
Nothing changed it was AMS built, same fuel no other mods changed , of course the boost changed I think it was around 30-32 psi.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
Its great to hear that you are satisfied!! Let us know if you need anything in the future!
I am more than satisfied ! all questions were answered ,adenine took time to explain a few things and also listened to issues i was having and besides eliminating the issues he got more clean power .
The following users liked this post:
Boostin Perform (Jan 8, 2018)