Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Rockford = weak treble

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockford = weak treble

Well after tweeking with it, i've come to the conclusion that the damn sound system doesn't have enough treble. Especially in CD/Sirius. I've managed to up it with my iPod with the ipod settings. Any way to increase it while playing the radio or cds? It's maxed out now and doesn't sound impressive at all.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You want to make sure the speed sensitive volumn is off, but for me that did not help enough. The whole system is just weak, especially while driving. But is it just the treble or do you mean bass (subwoofer?) too?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

^ Agreed. It's not bad for a factory installed system but if you're looking for stellar sound quality and serious thump at high volume you should definately look aftermarket.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

yea it sounds good for a factory setup. i also had to max out the treble to get a desired sound. it's decent volume if you have your windows shut, but open them... and forget it. i'm also considering after market.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

oh and plus my tweeters crackle a little already. must be bass distortion. wish there was a better equalizer to just send highs to them.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
basically the rf system is weak but if you want more highs i suggest installing your own cross overs. yes the amp or headunit has a built in crossover but im guessing its not very good. i would take the output from the bottom door speaker put it into the crossover then connect the output of the crossover to the bottom speaker and the tweeter (bypassing the stock tweeter connectors).

In my 08 lancer i didnt have the rf system but as you all know the tweeter connectors were still there and they produced sound. eventually i got a blaupunkt component system and when i used the crossover and bypassed the stock tweeter connector the sound was muchhh better.

also it is very easy to mount the crossovers securely in our doors without any problems i used dynamat under the crossovers to limit rattle and simply zip tied them down.

this may help if not its an idea for someone else.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 08:52 AM

I feel like I can hear the stupid thing lowering the volume at times. Is this the speed sentitive volume or whatever? This can be turned off, and if so, how?