Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Greddy Infometer Touch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm... that kinda sucks if it doesnt. KR is pretty important. the issue i have with these obd scan type gauges for the evo are 1) you cant accurately read boost unless you flash your ecu and 2) it doesnt have a factory wideband o2 so you cant accurately read afrs which are probably your two most important parameters. followed closely by knock retard.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:33 PM

This is more for interests sake atm rather than out of tuning necessity- as and when I need it, at least I can hook up the sensor cable for $130 and get improved accuracy out of the Informeter Touch.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

can someone tell me how to hook up wideband sensor to taht thing? how accurate it is compared to Uego Digital gauge?

would the greddy have a reading from ECU for AFR?
Old May 14, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

I know that you can indeed hook up a wideband o2 to the Infotouch. It also measures manifold pressure through the OBDII port (which is different than boost). Once you install the external sensors (the same high quality ones that come with their gauges), it reads as efficiently as if you had a stand alone gauge. We run this setup on our Plan B Motorsports Evo X.

BTW... Why is this in the Audio and Security forum? It's neither audio or security.
Old May 14, 2010, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

no idea, i just used the search function and this seems to be the thread with the most info..
Old May 15, 2010, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostless
I know that you can indeed hook up a wideband o2 to the Infotouch. It also measures manifold pressure through the OBDII port (which is different than boost). Once you install the external sensors (the same high quality ones that come with their gauges), it reads as efficiently as if you had a stand alone gauge. We run this setup on our Plan B Motorsports Evo X.

BTW... Why is this in the Audio and Security forum? It's neither audio or security.
If you know it can be done (wideband) please share how it is done and with what brand/model of windeband.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:29 AM

I'm a bit annoyed at the one feature missing from the Informeter Touch- there's no way to turn the thing off (or at least the display off). For example if I want to turn the car to ACC mode so I can watch DVD movies whilst waiting, the screen stays bright (not even going into night mode!) and keeps spitting out errors that it can't connect to the ECU >__>.. well duh, the car is off.
Old May 24, 2010, 04:26 AM

Pics of the install. Looks kinda like a iPad. Still its sweet.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 04:00 AM

It's all good now. for some reason it started turning itself off when the car is in accessory mode (rather than staying on and cycling through the bootup and 'can't find canbus' error)
Old Jul 2, 2010, 04:18 AM

If anybody wants one, ebay has a used one on sale for only $150.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GRedd...Q5fAccessories
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:52 PM

Sorry to dig up an od thread but I too am having an issue with the units response to my RPM. Its very delayed, to the point where I have to set my warning about 500-1k rpm before my shift point.
Any ideas?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:57 PM

was anyone able to identify why the delay in RPM?

does that also mean there is a delay for everything else? ie boost?

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:22 AM

Hey guys i got kinda a stupid question but i was taught that the only stupid question is the one not asked. This GReddy Infometer sounds just like the short of thing to make my R/A even more fun to drive. I have a 2004 Lancer Ralliart and i'm wondering if this device will work with my car? I don't have a turbo so i wont need to mess with getting a boost gage working right. Sounds like this would be basically a PNP for me? only reason i'm asking is i don't wanna buy this and end up with $500 paper wight that dose nothing for my car. Thanks guys
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

It will work with your car since you have the OD port it just won't use a lot of features that another car might since your ecu is different and has different things it is monitoring. As far as eng heat, RPM, Speed, Warning - shift lights should work just fine. If you did turbo your car I think it should read that too but only if you get the added sensor for boost because a lot of older none turbo cars like 240s use this and it reads there boost when they install a turbo and get the sensor.

You should be good though.