Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

different touchscreen and bezels?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
different touchscreen and bezels?

So I'm looking for pics of lancers and evos with aftermarket screens in them and run across 2 or 3 touchscreen/bezel combs that come oem on lancers in other markets. Does anyone know if these stereos will work on our US spec lancers?

Old Aug 17, 2010, 04:26 AM
Evolving Member

it sure looks nice, i found the same... and was doubting about fitment too
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:17 PM

apparently these setups are oem in the asian markets. these two i know are used in Malyasia and China
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:49 PM

that bottom 8" setup looks sweet, anyway to order one of these?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:11 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by andrewtf
that bottom 8" setup looks sweet, anyway to order one of these?
You can usually find 1 or 2 of the ones posted above on Ebay.

There's a thread somewhere in this subforum that links to another forum where quite a few people actually bought these navis.

Ahh, found it..

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...avi-evo-x.html

and..

http://9glancers.com/index.php/topic,6139.0.html

However, finding the exact navi you want with the exact user interface you want is gonna be hit and miss.. I've seen several identical navi units being sold with completely different on-screen interfaces.

In any case, post up some pics and opinions if you decide to buy one!

ETA: To OP.. most of these should work in our USDM evos, but be sure to check out the links above and the seller's listing to be sure.

Last edited by AFD; Aug 17, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

after seeing the short youtube vids, i rather buy a pioneer
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:23 AM

The 8 button will not work the other one will. Make sure you have the proper harness for it. Let the seller knows that you have the factory RF or just the regular system thats comes with the gsr. And also your factory bluetooth will be gone with this setup, only the steering radio control will work. Go to 9glancer.com for more info on this setup.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by kinglasserres
The 8 button will not work the other one will. Make sure you have the proper harness for it. Let the seller knows that you have the factory RF or just the regular system thats comes with the gsr. And also your factory bluetooth will be gone with this setup, only the steering radio control will work. Go to 9glancer.com for more info on this setup.
thanks for the tips. im about to sell my factory navi/amp/sub. such a pain in the butt to get music into it, and it should kick much harder
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI neither of those dash screens are OEM. they are aftermarket made form asia.

be prepared to have cheap software similar to the sfotware found on 200 dollar touchscreen headunits from walmart.

dont get me wrong kit looks great and i wouldnt mind it especially for the price but dont get your hopes up too high.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by lancer0220
FYI neither of those dash screens are OEM. they are aftermarket made form asia.

be prepared to have cheap software similar to the sfotware found on 200 dollar touchscreen headunits from walmart.

dont get me wrong kit looks great and i wouldnt mind it especially for the price but dont get your hopes up too high.
Yes those are not OEM and is made from china thats why is so cheap. people who buy pioneer, or sony or any other expensive unit is stuck with thats unit, it has is own proprietary software that you cannot unlock or do anything with. then their are some poeple like me who knows software who build carpc's that likes chinese know off because this unit runs windows CE OS and you can pretty much do and install any software you want replace the frontend software and make your own. i purchase 3 chinese unit already and i install one on my EVO 9 and EVO X install EVOSCANPPC on it and never have a problem with it. so if your tech savvy and like to customize your unit this is the next best this for a carpc.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

If only they made one with windows 7 or atleast xp on it instead of CE. That way, we can have a full blown PC.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

if your tech savvy and like to customize your unit this is the next best this for a carpc.

Yeah im pretty tech savvy

I built my car pc from scratch, I never considered using this headunit as a platform and modding/building up from it. but @ the time that I built my car pC these units were not developed yet.

i could see this headunit + windows XP or any other interface being pretty sweet, the OEM look of the headunit cant be beat.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Yes those are not OEM and is made from china thats why is so cheap. people who buy pioneer, or sony or any other expensive unit is stuck with thats unit, it has is own proprietary software that you cannot unlock or do anything with. then their are some poeple like me who knows software who build carpc's that likes chinese know off because this unit runs windows CE OS and you can pretty much do and install any software you want replace the frontend software and make your own. i purchase 3 chinese unit already and i install one on my EVO 9 and EVO X install EVOSCANPPC on it and never have a problem with it. so if your tech savvy and like to customize your unit this is the next best this for a carpc.
That's great and all but no amount of programming is going to make up for the dimestore hardware inside and sound processing which is worse than even the stock unit. If you are replacing your factory deck to actually improve your audio experience you should stay clear of these. If you just want a big screen in your car that runs a bunch of software have at it.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:45 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

^^ Was thinking these would make a great bezel, if you scrapped the monitor and internals, and just rewired everything up to a carputer and installed a better quality touchscreen (hopefully at an angle that wouldn't have as much glare).

Though, I'm thinking it would probably be a pain and $500+ is a little much for just a bezel/dash kit.. but I bet it'd would look really nice if someone could pull it off.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 09:30 PM

just sayiing that one of those is standard on an asian market (not sure which one) ES which theyre making it seem like an upscale econobox.

Quick Reply: different touchscreen and bezels?