Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

different touchscreen and bezels?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put this similar ebay one for $530 shipped, took me 15 minutes to install.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ment-pics.html

The only thing I couldn't get to work with the MR was the steering wheel controls since I have the non RF. Otherwise bang for the buck you can't beat it. I didn't want to spend 2500+ for the OEM nav. Plus I can stream music via bluetooth from my Blackberry.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by NERO_NOVA
just sayiing that one of those is standard on an asian market (not sure which one) ES which theyre making it seem like an upscale econobox.
Again none of those come OEM they are all aftermarket.

I was the one that originally discovered these about a year ago, and posted them on two other major forums, which then got posted here.

And whoang40, if you contact the seller they should be able to get you the non RF canbus for the steering wheel controls...

You need to let the seller know if you are RF or Non RF.

And there are at least 4 manufactures, Witson W2-D9855Z, Hasda HZ-5820, and 2 others I can't find the Manufacture for... the TP-6820G and QL-LAC691.

Also the Win CE has been rooted, so you can access the desktop and do your own mods... I just haven't found the details on how to do it, I have only seen it done.

Last edited by matchstick; Aug 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by AFD
^^ Was thinking these would make a great bezel, if you scrapped the monitor and internals, and just rewired everything up to a carputer and installed a better quality touchscreen (hopefully at an angle that wouldn't have as much glare).

Though, I'm thinking it would probably be a pain and $500+ is a little much for just a bezel/dash kit.. but I bet it'd would look really nice if someone could pull it off.
It might but the opening is actually 8.5' not 7'.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:38 AM

question

Originally Posted by kinglasserres
Yes those are not OEM and is made from china thats why is so cheap. people who buy pioneer, or sony or any other expensive unit is stuck with thats unit, it has is own proprietary software that you cannot unlock or do anything with. then their are some poeple like me who knows software who build carpc's that likes chinese know off because this unit runs windows CE OS and you can pretty much do and install any software you want replace the frontend software and make your own. i purchase 3 chinese unit already and i install one on my EVO 9 and EVO X install EVOSCANPPC on it and never have a problem with it. so if your tech savvy and like to customize your unit this is the next best this for a carpc.
Hello do you know how to mod the sofware ??

how can i remove the message of warning when your driving and put a video.

speed cable/brake to any ground ??
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Don't buy these, these are cheap chinese made navi's. I had the exact same one, which is the first picture posted. The navi is great, but build quality is REALLY crappy. Not to mention it will only last you 1 or 2 years before they die. Mines dead in 8 months

what a waste of 700$
Old Mar 5, 2011, 04:17 PM

I'm currently building my own car pc, only things I don't like is limited to a double din bezel w/ scosche and Metra, however I'd love to get my hands on JUST the bezel, but as pointed out.. 500-700 for just a bezel would be rediculous as IMO the rest of the internals would be junk. Hell I'm sure that screen is no better then some of the cheap junk from walmart bestbuy. So if anyone knows please share the word. I've sent out some feelers to some of the sellers/distributers but mostly I get the middle finger.

also does anyone know how they use the stock steeringwheel controls? i saw mention of a canbus adapter t hats vehicle specific (non/rockford)

Last edited by MA70Snowman; Mar 5, 2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MA70Snowman
I'm currently building my own car pc, only things I don't like is limited to a double din bezel w/ scosche and Metra, however I'd love to get my hands on JUST the bezel, but as pointed out.. 500-700 for just a bezel would be rediculous as IMO the rest of the internals would be junk. Hell I'm sure that screen is no better then some of the cheap junk from walmart bestbuy. So if anyone knows please share the word. I've sent out some feelers to some of the sellers/distributers but mostly I get the middle finger.

also does anyone know how they use the stock steeringwheel controls? i saw mention of a canbus adapter t hats vehicle specific (non/rockford)

not sure what you mean. what do you mean by limited to double din w/scosche and metra? what about the JDM double din piece?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by blonde
not sure what you mean. what do you mean by limited to double din w/scosche and metra? what about the JDM double din piece?

what I mean is
1. those "OEM" aftermarket ones, are all 8" screens (don't know the exact dimension off the top of my head)
2. There's alot of other "Accessories" on the bevel that would make adding a car PC pretty seamless (i.e. SD slots on the front as well as USB/mini and slot load cd/dvd)

I've seen the JDM piece but I can't recall off the top of my head the dimensions for that one, but it didn't stick so i'm thinking it didn't fit what I was looking for. Namely I'd love to fit an 8" screen in the dash and maintain that stock look, but also i'm REALLY keen on those other molded features.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MA70Snowman
what I mean is
1. those "OEM" aftermarket ones, are all 8" screens (don't know the exact dimension off the top of my head)
2. There's alot of other "Accessories" on the bevel that would make adding a car PC pretty seamless (i.e. SD slots on the front as well as USB/mini and slot load cd/dvd)

I've seen the JDM piece but I can't recall off the top of my head the dimensions for that one, but it didn't stick so i'm thinking it didn't fit what I was looking for. Namely I'd love to fit an 8" screen in the dash and maintain that stock look, but also i'm REALLY keen on those other molded features.
oh cool, yeah that makes sense. i would also love to have a unit that looks OEM like the ones above but i am not williing to deal with crappy quality so...
Old Mar 1, 2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by s84kam
Don't buy these, these are cheap chinese made navi's. I had the exact same one, which is the first picture posted. The navi is great, but build quality is REALLY crappy. Not to mention it will only last you 1 or 2 years before they die. Mines dead in 8 months

what a waste of 700$
Thankfully I didn't spend $700.00 but all the same I wasted my money on the Witson navi. Worked for about 6 months and then the touchscreen stopped responding. Everything else seems to work fine though. I am trying to sell it now as is to anyone that can fix it but no takers.