Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Navigation System Package?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation System Package?

hi all. I'm a noob and have been lurking here for a few weeks now. im in the market of purchasing a new MR and was wondering what you guys think of the navigation package. is it worth it or should i go with an aftermarket double din HU instead? is there any difference between the regular navi and the RF navi? those with navi and had to do it all over again, would you get the navi package? thanks everyone.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

I don't have it, but I'm pretty sure an aftermarket double din, speakers, and sub will still be cheaper. Depending on the head unit of course but you can get some pretty nifty ones around the 300$ price range.
Old May 18, 2012, 09:34 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by b00gie
hi all. I'm a noob and have been lurking here for a few weeks now. im in the market of purchasing a new MR and was wondering what you guys think of the navigation package. is it worth it or should i go with an aftermarket double din HU instead? is there any difference between the regular navi and the RF navi? those with navi and had to do it all over again, would you get the navi package? thanks everyone.
not worth the money. You can get the RF package (no nav), install an aftermarket headunit for $450 that is touchscreen GPS/BT/iPod with a $100 adaptor that will make use of the full RF factory system. End result is same sound quality, far superior software and headunit.

The Mits factory GPS is all proprietary software and kinda ****ty.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:48 PM

thanks 08GsrX and ikt. thats what I've been thinking... to upgrade with an aftermarket HU. I'm thinking a majority of other owners would say the same... but is there anyone on here that thinks its a great option? if so, what do you like about it.