Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2015 Evo X sub and amp install help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Evo X sub and amp install help

So I was wondering if anyone has happened to installed an aftermarket amp into your evo x. I was wondering if anyone knows were you can get the wires for the rca convertor. I do not have the Rockford fosgate edition and the battery is in the trunk can anyone help me?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 08:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I believe what you're referring to is a line out converter. Converting an existing 2 channel speaker wire in to an RCA to use for an amp. Something like this is what you're looking for:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-L...&wl13=&veh=sem

Ebay, amazon, crutchfield.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bolothedv
I believe what you're referring to is a line out converter. Converting an existing 2 channel speaker wire in to an RCA to use for an amp. Something like this is what you're looking for:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-L...&wl13=&veh=sem

Ebay, amazon, crutchfield.

yes i I have that and I have my amp connect and wired to the battery all I need now is to find a power source for the speaker and that convertor you sent but where would that be located that is my current issue
Old Jun 13, 2017, 08:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Christianlimon
yes i I have that and I have my amp connect and wired to the battery all I need now is to find a power source for the speaker and that convertor you sent but where would that be located that is my current issue
So this device allows you to change one speaker's wiring from the factory to a 2 channel RCA. Not sure about your set up, but I've always had two amps: one for my sub and one for my other speakers. so you would power the factory speakers from the amp.

If that line converter requires a power source, could you not use the amp power source?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
You get a line-level converter and you can just grab the connection at your rear speakers for signal. Then you hardwire the converter and the amp to your battery. Hook the remote power-on wire from the converter to the amp. And then, when the car is on/the stereo is on, it will power-up the sub amplifier and use the speaker signal to provide a line-level output/input for the sub.