Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Rockford Fosgate for Final Edition !!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockford Fosgate for Final Edition !!!!

Question !!!!!

Does anyone have installed the Rockford Fosgate Sub/Amplifier to their Fe’s before and how you do it ? Kinda interesting to do it since i have the RF sub/amplifier out of a 14 model MR . Would like a stock original look so don’t want to go any aftermarket sound systems out there !

TIA
Old Mar 30, 2018, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You'll need the wiring harness for the RF system.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
First tirnes to buy in Junker the Rockford Fosgate Sub/amplifier Next you have to change all the speakers and buy in amplifier Rockford Fosgate T1000X5AD is an compact, Class AD 1000 Watt multi-channel amplifier and bug LC7i 6-channel line Output converter with bass restoration — adds aftermarket subs and amps to a factory system (Black) and professional installers.. I

already did and you hear well and all Original factory
Old Apr 5, 2018, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you look around the forums, you'll realize your question was answered long before your car was thought of by Mitsubishi.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...lancer-es.html

You can do the above and go half factory and half aftermarket, or go all factory like I did. Make sure you get the under dash and floor wiring and amp out of a 2014 + lancer/ralliart/evo/outlander that has the rockford system. The speakers and sub out of 2008+ cars will work. The problem with all factory: aftermarket is better sound for the same price, period. However, if you plan to sell the car later on, all factory tends to look better to perspective buyers.

If you do end up going aftermarket, like above, make sure to use the factory rockford amp mounting plates instead of drilling holes in your floor. The poster above should have gotten the USDM one for the US driver side and the AUSDM/JDM one for the US passenger side and would have had a much nicer install. The mounting holes for the plates are already there on both sides of the car from the factory. Can't tell you how many used cars I have walked away from because some moron drilled holes in the floor for mounting amps, just to remove the amps but not properly fill and seal the holes.

Last edited by wizzbangca; Apr 5, 2018 at 08:41 AM.