Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Any word on Cobby cracking the ECU

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old Apr 8, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I spoke with them yesterday and they told me that it's gonna be a while. They have a prototype on their evo x development car right now, but that it's very basic and rudimentary, and that they don't have full control of the ecu yet. They said late spring most likely. Ecuek has done a better job getting it ready than cobb has, but I wonder if the frst version that comes out will have complete control over the ecu, or just most of it. They did say that when more tables and maps become discovered that they will release them as upgrade to the customer. I hope they don't charge for it, though. Plus, if the early version doesn't support say, mivec cam timing, then it would not bring out the full potential of the car and I don't want to have to drive an hour and a half to go back to my tuner a second time and pay 200 dollars an hour again to get the car retuned. I am tempted to just wait until the final version of the software comes out that has complete and total control of the ecu. Just my .02
Old Apr 8, 2008, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
I spoke with them yesterday and they told me that it's gonna be a while. They have a prototype on their evo x development car right now, but that it's very basic and rudimentary, and that they don't have full control of the ecu yet. They said late spring most likely. Ecuek has done a better job getting it ready than cobb has, but I wonder if the frst version that comes out will have complete control over the ecu, or just most of it. They did say that when more tables and maps become discovered that they will release them as upgrade to the customer. I hope they don't charge for it, though. Plus, if the early version doesn't support say, mivec cam timing, then it would not bring out the full potential of the car and I don't want to have to drive an hour and a half to go back to my tuner a second time and pay 200 dollars an hour again to get the car retuned. I am tempted to just wait until the final version of the software comes out that has complete and total control of the ecu. Just my .02
So they said the full version will but out late spring or is that just releasing a few maps and stuff. Man the wait is killing mee. I no my tuner here is waiting for Cobby and will not get any one else. And the nearest ECUtek is about 8 hour drive lol (way to far for me). I guess ill just put my parts on hold for now and wait until they crack the ECU. They for the input and what is a good numbe for them so i can keep tabs on this as well. thanks a lot again
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:35 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

You have some of the most intelligent posts here in the Evo X section, but I hate reading your posts because you bunch everything up into one big paragraph.

How about this revision;
-----------------------------------------------------
I spoke with them yesterday and they told me that it's gonna be a while. They have a prototype on their evo x development car right now, but that it's very basic and rudimentary, and that they don't have full control of the ecu yet. They said late spring most likely.

Ecuek has done a better job getting it ready than cobb has, but I wonder if the frst version that comes out will have complete control over the ecu, or just most of it. They did say that when more tables and maps become discovered that they will release them as upgrade to the customer. I hope they don't charge for it, though.

Plus, if the early version doesn't support say, mivec cam timing, then it would not bring out the full potential of the car and I don't want to have to drive an hour and a half to go back to my tuner a second time and pay 200 dollars an hour again to get the car retuned. I am tempted to just wait until the final version of the software comes out that has complete and total control of the ecu.

Just my .02

-------------------------------

No offense bro. Rant Over.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
You have some of the most intelligent posts here in the Evo X section, but I hate reading your posts because you bunch everything up into one big paragraph.

How about this revision;
I spoke with them yesterday and they told me that it's gonna be a while. They have a prototype on their evo x development car right now, but that it's very basic and rudimentary, and that they don't have full control of the ecu yet. They said late spring most likely.

Ecuek has done a better job getting it ready than cobb has, but I wonder if the frst version that comes out will have complete control over the ecu, or just most of it. They did say that when more tables and maps become discovered that they will release them as upgrade to the customer. I hope they don't charge for it, though.

Plus, if the early version doesn't support say, mivec cam timing, then it would not bring out the full potential of the car and I don't want to have to drive an hour and a half to go back to my tuner a second time and pay 200 dollars an hour again to get the car retuned. I am tempted to just wait until the final version of the software comes out that has complete and total control of the ecu.

Just my .02

LOL
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en

How about this revision;

Just my .02

Lol, that's funny. I acually got A's in english back in college, but I get lazy when I'm here on the forums. Sorry dude, I'll start spreading things out a bit more to make it easier to read. Thanks for the compliment, though.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:59 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
EcuTeK has Mivec control over both cam gears. I've seen the maps. Its not beta, its completed product.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Sweet, although didn't they say that there are certain things that they will be adding later? Because if that's the case than that implies that there are some things that they still haven't figured out yet, but what I wonder?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

lol...Cobb JUST got control over the IX...and that took forever...
Old Apr 9, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

My tuner doesnt use ECTtek so this might be a while until i can get a tune grrrr. Or ill have to make an 8hour drive to get it tune what do you guys think.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 09:16 PM

hopefully they will have a solid version AP out in the near future.. its such an easy to use feature.