Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

ECUFlash and EvoScan problems with Asus Eee PC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation ECUFlash and EvoScan problems with Asus Eee PC

I have been having problems getting ECUFlash and EvoScan to work properly with my Asus Eee PC 1000h. The OS is XP Home and I've been running PCMScan for months with no problems.

ECUFlash problem:

With my Eee I'm unable to 'Read from ECU' but I AM able to 'Compare to ECU.' When I click 'Read from ECU' the screen that usually appears with the list of ECUs comes up blank.

I'll get some screen shots up later this evening.

EvoScan problem:

Unable to log with Mode23. I know I've read that EvoScan won't function properly if your voltages aren't to par, but I've tried running power straight from my Cig Lighter to the laptop and still no luck.

What I've tried:

Re-installed both ECUFlash and EvoScan (several times) making sure to delete any files leftover from previous installs and cleaned the Registry.

Re-installed OpenPort 2.0 drivers (at least twice.)

Tried four or five different USB cables.

Played with every possible power setting I know of one the computer.

Tried new laptop power cables.

Ordered a new battery for the computer (en route, should be here later this week)

Additional Comment:

I have been able to Read and Write to the ECU and log in EvoScan using Mode23 using a friend's 15" Sony Laptop running Windows 7 so I don't think it's the OP2.0 cable itself.

Help needed. Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm running both on a Dell Mini ( without issue. Though I haven't used "compare to ecu"...)
Intel®Atom®Processor Z520 (1.33GHz/533MHz FSB/512K Cache)

Which Eee PC model are you running?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

My carpc works fine and it is an Atom 330 Processor (1.6Ghz, Dual Core). PCMScan and EVOScan work great but ECUFlash doesn't work.

I am about to upgrade the MB on my system and upgrade to Windows 7 very soon. I figure it is something with the install, but I haven't been worried enough about it to care to fix it yet.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by coevolve
Which Eee PC model are you running?
I have the Eee PC 1000h . It has the 1.6GHz Atom processor and (upgraded to OCZ) 2GB of RAM.

What OS is everyone running? I'm using XP Home.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by stokEd
I have the Eee PC 1000h . It has the 1.6GHz Atom processor and (upgraded to OCZ) 2GB of RAM.

What OS is everyone running? I'm using XP Home.
I have the same processor in my dell mini, same OS, but 1GB less ram. No problems...

Is this the file you downloaded/installed?
ecuflash_1422595_win.exe

Are you using the tactrix cable? Or have you tried it? I know you said that you have tried several cables...

Last edited by coevolve; Sep 30, 2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

I have the same processor in my dell mini, same OS, but 1GB less ram. No problems...

Is this the file you downloaded/installed?
ecuflash_1422595_win.exe

Are you using the tactrix cable? Or have you tried it? I know you said that you have tried several cables...
I'm pretty sure I have the most version of ECUFlash. I believe I downloaded a new copy when I was doing the re-installs mentioned above.

Yes, I'm using the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 cable. I was referring to having tried different USB cables.

Thanks.

Anybody else?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Everything works OK with my 7" 4G EEE PC running XP Pro
Old Sep 30, 2009, 05:37 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

I have an EeePC 1000H running WinXP Home and I don't have any problems using Evoscan or ECUFlash.......
Old Sep 30, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SiC
I have an EeePC 1000H running WinXP Home and I don't have any problems using Evoscan or ECUFlash.......
Do you have the "stock" 1GB of RAM?

Any idea of what I might be doing wrong? Are there settings I should check are a certain way?

I'm hoping that new battery arrives and solves all my problems. The battery I have now hasn't been performing as well as it used to.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 06:51 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Do you have the "stock" 1GB of RAM?

Any idea of what I might be doing wrong? Are there settings I should check are a certain way?

I'm hoping that new battery arrives and solves all my problems. The battery I have now hasn't been performing as well as it used to.
No, I upgraded the RAM to 2GB the day I bought it. I didn't have to change anything, I installed Evoscan and ECUFlash without doing anything special.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 04:50 AM

With my Eee I'm unable to 'Read from ECU' but I AM able to 'Compare to ECU.' When I click 'Read from ECU' the screen that usually appears with the list of ECUs comes up blank.
You are sure the ignition is in the correct position (ACC on/1 turn forward/etc) when you click 'Read from ECU'?

I'll get some screen shots up later this evening.
Do that.

EvoScan problem:

Unable to log with Mode23. I know I've read that EvoScan won't function properly if your voltages aren't to par, but I've tried running power straight from my Cig Lighter to the laptop and still no luck.
Were you able to successfully configure Mode23? I know you've logged with it from your friends laptop but are you sure that you configured it correctly on your computer?

Side Note:
Your post number is 666...beasty
Old Oct 1, 2009, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by suprPHREAK
Everything works OK with my 7" 4G EEE PC running XP Pro
+1 and this is the super mega hella slow eee (celeron 700 or something).

I think your install of evo scan and ecuflash is wrong/messed up/something.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SiC
No, I upgraded the RAM to 2GB the day I bought it. I didn't have to change anything, I installed Evoscan and ECUFlash without doing anything special.
Same here, first day.

You are sure the ignition is in the correct position (ACC on/1 turn forward/etc) when you click 'Read from ECU'?
Yes, definitely.

Were you able to successfully configure Mode23? I know you've logged with it from your friends laptop but are you sure that you configured it correctly on your computer?
We flashed a Mode23 enabled ROM onto my car with my friend's laptop and it logs fine with Evoscan on his computer. Then using my computer on the same ROM I am unable to log in Evoscan with Mode23 enabled. I'll triple-check everything and report back.

Side Note:
Your post number is 666...beasty
Yes, THE BEAST.

Originally Posted by goofygrin
I think your install of evo scan and ecuflash is wrong/messed up/something.
I have a 60 Gb OCZ SSD in the desktop I'm using now that I'll be formatting and throwing in the laptop soon, so we'll see if uber-fresh installs of each program does the trick.

Today is the last day of my job (WOOHOO!) so pictures will come as soon as I can get to my car--I walk to work so I go days without seeing/driving it.

I uninstalled my USB wireless mouse in case that was throwing things off some how. Still have a feeling it's something to do with the voltages being off if it's not a software issue. And I'm still waiting on the new battery to try.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, I'll hopefully have something more to report by tomorrow.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

couldn't hurt to reinstall the OS, or better yet upgrade to XP pro
Old Oct 1, 2009, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by derekste
couldn't hurt to reinstall the OS, or better yet upgrade to XP pro
Yeah, agreed. When I install my SSD I think I'm going to give Windows 7 (beta) a try.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash and EvoScan problems with Asus Eee PC