Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Throwing P0300!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throwing P0300!!!

So I did a bit of research before posting this, and was wondering who else have had issues with P0300 Code being thrown? From what I've been reading it seems to plague those who have done cam installs, and I'm still running my stock cams. Should I be concerned (first time I've noticed it, usually only throw P0140)? Misfire of unknown cylinder worries me a bit and would love to have someone chime in and give me a bit more insight, or those who are having this issue running the stock cams.

Bryan, Tephra, Gunzo any insight?

Thanks!

Last edited by HR2L; Mar 7, 2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone?

I am tuned, and was under the impression this was turned off?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:16 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

I'm tuned with cams and have never seen this CEL. Also, I don't think there has been a fix to turn this off.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

i know i've seen in one of the threads that you've already changed the fuel pump relay...but have you tried switching the horn relay for testing? darn it..i hope it's not the relay since i know you have the blue one now..

check your spark plug gaps too..and as far as i know of p0300 can't be disabled (correct me if i'm wrong here)..
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tonyboy
i know i've seen in one of the threads that you've already changed the fuel pump relay...but have you tried switching the horn relay for testing? darn it..i hope it's not the relay since i know you have the blue one now..

check your spark plug gaps too..and as far as i know of p0300 can't be disabled (correct me if i'm wrong here)..
Im running the brand new "blue" relays, so I doubt its that (hopefully). Really am concerned about this, as it is the first time i've seen this specific code. I'm going to try and take it to GST Motorsports tomorrow, hopefully its something as simple as a fowled plug. I have almost 12k on the MR now, and am pushing about 370whp so may be more then the stock plugs can handle?

Would love to hear what Bryan, Gunzo, or Tephra have in terms of insight about this specific code.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
P0300

Clutch noise is one of the few that will cause it. The knock sensor picks up the hi pitch sounds.

There is a fix for the P0300 now.

Talk to your tuner.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
P0300

Clutch noise is one of the few that will cause it. The knock sensor picks up the hi pitch sounds.

There is a fix for the P0300 now.

Talk to your tuner.
Huh, even with the MR TC-SST? I was under the impression this was only a false code for the GSR?

Anyone know?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HR2L
Im running the brand new "blue" relays, so I doubt its that (hopefully). Really am concerned about this, as it is the first time i've seen this specific code. I'm going to try and take it to GST Motorsports tomorrow, hopefully its something as simple as a fowled plug. I have almost 12k on the MR now, and am pushing about 370whp so may be more then the stock plugs can handle?

Would love to hear what Bryan, Gunzo, or Tephra have in terms of insight about this specific code.
yep wait for bryan's reply..
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

don't freak out P0300 code has been a problem with evos since they first came to U.S, so IF you have warranty take it to the dealer so they can decrease the sensetivity of the code on your ecu, and because your car is not manual doesnt mean it has no clutch, as a matter of fact it has two. So the noise could be picked up when the car is shifting. I bet if you erase the CEL it will prolly not even come back again. Misfies are normal, and it happens on cars ALL the time maybe more than some of us are aware, BUT in some cars it depends how sensitive the ecu is, and in evos is VERY sensitive.

Last edited by erald01; Mar 7, 2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by erald01
don't freak out P0300 code has been a problem with evos since they first came to U.S, so IF you have warranty take it to the dealer so they can decrease the sensetivity of the code on your ecu, and because your car is not manual doesnt mean it has no clutch, as a matter of fact it has two. So the noise could be picked up when the car is shifting. I bet if you erase the CEL it will prolly not even come back again. Misfies are normal, and it happens on cars ALL the time maybe more than some of us are aware, BUT in some cars it depends how sensitive the ecu is, and in evos is VERY sensitive.
Trying not too. Just never fun to see the SES Light pop up for anything other then P0140. To see P0300 got me all worried. Really would not like to know I've been misfiring in any cylinder for any reason. Wouldn't see why as I am tuned, and by someone I would consider to be one of the more reliable and educated Tuners in the field.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

I've noticed lately (not sure if this may play into effect) a bit of a stumbly idle. The car felt like it was hicupping, but it regained itself.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

I throw this code about every 500 miles. I am so sick of it. Do you see this with cop set up or just stock ignition
Old Mar 7, 2010, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wickedwhite8
I throw this code about every 500 miles. I am so sick of it. Do you see this with cop set up or just stock ignition
Im still running the stock ignition system as well as stock plugs (which I may be swapping out tomorrow while inspecting the stock plugs).

Question, how many miles do you have on your X? You say you've seen this about every 500 or so miles, are you tuned or have you been told why or what is the issue?

EDIT: Just realized you don't drive and X.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Do you guys think a foul Injector could be the issue? Im running the DW1000cc's and am wondering if others have had or herd of issues with failing injectors causing misfire/DTC?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:23 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
There are way too many people in this thread that are confused.
PO300 is a well known Evo VIII problem code, and your searches and a couple of replies are in response to that.

The 4B11 should not throw random misfires, and the problem in no way correlates to the 4G63 issue. Your set of problems that is causing it is something completely different than the VIII guys.

Quick Reply: Throwing P0300!!!