Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Tech Service Bullentine TSB-10-13-002

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tech Service Bullentine TSB-10-13-002

Went to mitsu to check on a fuel pump relay and found that their is nothing on file for that with mitsu but their is a tech service bullitne for the injector relay that is next to the fuel pump relay, throttle actuator control motor relay starter relay and also MFI. I found this intresting cause if their is a rash od bad injector relays out their then it would explain why guys are changing out fuel pump relay's and still seeing lean conditions if the relay is failing making the injectors inop. According to the bulletin the starter relay (A-28X), throttle actuator control motor relay (A-22X), and most important injector relay (A-25X) all should be replaced with the newer blue relay part#8627A024 for cars that were built prior to November 16,2009. The MFI (A-34X) should be replaced with MR400709. My mitsu is swaping all mine for free but since its not a recall urs may not just remind them that its gonna cost them more if any of those go out and the car has to be towed to them at their cost cause EVOS are intitled to free towing to closses mitsu dealership and if your injector relay goes bad under load and they shut off then boom. According to the report theese relays go bad from moister getting itno box. Go to mitsu and ask for a copy of TSB-10-13-002 from parts department and im sure they will print it out with all the info. Hope i have saved someone a engine with this.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 06:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
paragraphsareyourfriend
Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by tephra
paragraphsareyourfriend
And search, too. This is old, old news and there is already a lengthy thread about it.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
paragraphsareyourfriend
lol... brosentencesarealsoyourfriendbro

Originally Posted by lowkey
And search, too. This is old, old news and there is already a lengthy thread about it.
This is the first time I've heard about a TSB for the relays mentioned. Was there even a TSB for the fuel pump relay?

Glad I just blew $75 on two of the green ones.

Regardless, thanks for the heads up.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP,

Thank you for your post stating the actual TSB numbers for defective relays.

To the rest of you,

I just love it when somebody posts important information regarding our cars, and all he/she gets in return is the usual idiotic "Use the search" or "this has been beaten to death" remarks, or some childish insult from the grammar *****

Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:17 AM
EvoM Guru

what good is information if no-one can understand it...
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

LOL its cool i wrote that post from my phone while sitting in mitsu lobby. Im not really worried about grammer and periods when im on my hand held and searching on a non 3g network isnt even a option. Ill keep it all in mind next time i post tho for all u scholars out their.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stoked
... Was there even a tsb for the fuel pump relay?
)
no!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by V8HAHA
Im not really worried about grammer and periods when im on my hand held and searching on a non 3g network isnt even a option. Ill keep it all in mind next time i post tho for all u scholars out their.
Well played, sir.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

My mitsu is swaping all mine for free but since its not a recall urs may not just remind them that its gonna cost them more if any of those go out and the car has to be towed to them at their cost cause EVOS are intitled to free towing to closses mitsu dealership and if your injector relay goes bad under load and they shut off then boom.
Did you have to haggle them for free replacements?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stokEd
Did you have to haggle them for free replacements?
No i didnt have to haggle them for it. I just told them what the result of them going out would be if i was under boost and they got the point.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for this thread. I was looking around in here in the waiting room while I was getting my X inspected. I mentioned relays to my tech and he said, "no problem." They were out of some so they're shipping them to my house. Just as stated, this has nothing to do with the fuel pump. The way I understand it, the fuel pump relay does not have this problem because it's black and sealed properly. The black ones don't have sealing issues. They have other problems. But, if you replaced the black fuel pump relay with a green one, you could have this problem.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Speaking of which, how the hell did you get this in Tuscon AZ? Isn't it like 120*F there all year? The TSB states that this problem is happening in very cold climates below -22*F. But anyway, it's cool that they took care of you.
Thank again for the heads up.

No i didnt have to haggle them for it. I just told them what the result of them going out would be if i was under boost and they got the point.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
so if you live in a hot climate youll be fine with the green relay?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Thegame
Thanks for this thread. I was looking around in here in the waiting room while I was getting my X inspected. I mentioned relays to my tech and he said, "no problem." They were out of some so they're shipping them to my house. Just as stated, this has nothing to do with the fuel pump. The way I understand it, the fuel pump relay does not have this problem because it's black and sealed properly. The black ones don't have sealing issues. They have other problems. But, if you replaced the black fuel pump relay with a green one, you could have this problem.
what?

the black relays ARE problematic - thats the whole point..

Quick Reply: Tech Service Bullentine TSB-10-13-002