Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Any one fitted a K&N typhoon filter?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one fitted a K&N typhoon filter?

I've had my Evo X for 3 weeks now and I'm looking to increase the drama within the cabin to make it a bit more involving.

My first though was to fit a dump valve but than I saw on You Tube someone had a K&N Typoon intake filter fitted which made the stock BOV sound a lot better as well as an increase in noise. On another forum they said that I would need to have the engine remapped as the filter could cause turbo stall! anyone confirm or deny this for me?

Any suggestions to make the engine noise a bit louder in the cabin?

Last edited by tonym1; Mar 30, 2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 07:02 PM

sorry I don't have an answer...just wanted to add that it's seems like a really good deal getting the intake with shield and hookup to factory fresh air and aluminum UICP both in valve cover matching red non the less for $330 on Amazon

I just order the set....will let you know how it goes.

I also listened to the youtube and was impressed, I wasn't real keen on an oiled filter but will be carefull not to overoil

Last edited by PaleRider; Apr 1, 2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: personal info
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:15 PM

Went very well: I also installed a cobb 3 port while I was at it, I'm using an off the shlef Cobb AP map and max boost 25.5Lbs holding 20Lbs to 7k. Used the Cobb OTS map the cobb intake and the KN are virually identical tune wise as both retain the stock MAS housing. no cel count probs

No drama with the KN install, good fitment and instructions. Took longer than i thought it would but mostly because I'm **** about these things + the removal is a little difficult when being carefull, my car is pretty new 4k miles so the old parts are probably gonna be stuck even harder with less new cars

This intake makes a lot of noise I really like the looks of it too