Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

MAP calibration using tener helper app

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAP calibration using tener helper app

I have a question about how to calibrate MAP using tuner helper app, do i disable MAF to properly calibrate MAP? Also exactly what items in evoscan should i need to log for MAP calibration?
Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
I am stuck in a class. So here it goes. I use cobb access tuner to do logging via netbook to accessport. But everything is pretty much the same for you. With the access tuner software I can make a map to load to my ECU that DISABLES the MAF. You need to figure out how that is done in Evoscan. Once you have that you need to know your LOAD that is the threshold for closed loop. I bumped my load up to 120 I think for it to stay in closed loop a bit more than usual. You have to back off the gas SLOW when on MAP only. FYI..

Then you log :

Accel Pos. (%)
Inj. Duty Cycle (%)
LTFT Used (%)
Load (load)
MAF Calcs (load)
MAF Voltage (V)
MAP Calcs (load)
RPM (RPM)
STFT (%)

So I log this over a FEW DAYS of driving. Stitch them all together in EXCEL into ONE BIG file. Run that into the tuner helper with the current MAP tables and WAALLLAAA
you have your new OFF BOOST MAP tune.

To do WOT MAF and MAP tuning with the software I have a technique.
But I think your just doing drivability tuning, off-boost... Right?

~Jaraxle
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Someone has asked me to explain how to use tuner helper app with EVO logs to scale the MAF or MAP tables at WOT. While I am using access tuner, all of the principles are identical to open source tuning methods. I will be posting back here shortly how this is done. Maybe someday I will write software to just do this for everyone.

~Jaraxle

TO BE CONTINUED...
Old Jun 9, 2017, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Ok so here it goes.
You will need to log everything you normally would to scale your MAF/MAP but then you ALSO need a wideband being read into the log. If you don't know how to do this, go search and learn. Let's stick first with WOT MAF scaling:

1.) Set all the fuel targets for the WOT area you are attempting to tune to one value that is safe. For instance: 11.5:1 AFR.

2.) Go and do at least THREE wide open throttle runs logging the data. Stitch all three data logs together into one giant long log.

3.) Now open the data log in excel or equivalent program and delete all the data that isn't WOT and also in tables that you have your #1 step set to (11.5:1 in our example).

4.) All data for your logged long term fuel trim and short term fuel trip -> set to zeros (both columns)

5.) Replace all short term fuel trims values with the following formula:
=-1*((1-(W/11.5))*100)

Where 11.5 is replaced with your fuel target you set in #1
Where W is the wideband AFR that is read for the logged data point.

6.) When this is done all of your short term fuel trims will have the actual trims that are needed to align your MAF with what your wideband is actually reading at WOT.

7.) Now load your MAF scaling table that was used for those data runs and the massaged log you just created (steps 1-5) into Tuner Helper and WAALAHHHH !!! You have now scaled your MAF for the wide open throttle region using your wideband as the tuning truth.

Questions?

~Jaraxle
Old Jun 9, 2017, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Example massaged data log with a 11:1 AFR target configured:
The STFT now represents the trim that needs to occur based on the wideband recorded in the log.

~Jaraxle
The following users liked this post:
Construct (May 17, 2019)