Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

boost pill vs MBC vs EBC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
boost pill vs MBC vs EBC

I'm not interested in which is the best. I'm wondering what's the limitation with the boost pill that makes it inferior compared to the other 2 (even if marginally). On AMS's website it recommends the boost pill for MRs.

I'm asking about it for my own car, 2015 evo x MR with a TBE, IC and pipe, HF panel, boost pill, and stock block and turbo.

Would it be worth while to grab an EBC for my car? Any benefits like better precision with controlling boost, etc. over the pill?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by haxr303
I'm not interested in which is the best. I'm wondering what's the limitation with the boost pill that makes it inferior compared to the other 2 (even if marginally). On AMS's website it recommends the boost pill for MRs.

I'm asking about it for my own car, 2015 evo x MR with a TBE, IC and pipe, HF panel, boost pill, and stock block and turbo.

Would it be worth while to grab an EBC for my car? Any benefits like better precision with controlling boost, etc. over the pill?
Swap to a 3 port and never look back
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
Swap to a 3 port and never look back

Thanks for the input, but i'm kind of more interested in the why and how and EBC allows for more performance compared to the stock solenoid and boost pill. Or as I put it before what are the limitations of the stock solenoid. More of an I want to learn thing than a tell me what's better thing.

Last edited by haxr303; Mar 19, 2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by haxr303
Thanks for the input, but i'm kind of more interested in the why and how and EBC allows for more performance compared to the stock solenoid and boost pill. Or as I put it before what are the limitations of the stock solenoid. More of an I want to learn thing than a tell me what's better thing.
It's better boost control, and you'll be able to hold boost longer and not have it taper off as much
Old Mar 20, 2016, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
It's better boost control, and you'll be able to hold boost longer and not have it taper off as much

TYVM that was the kind of answer i was looking for.