Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Any feedback on JMS RACING in SA,TX??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any feedback on JMS RACING in SA,TX??

Hey guys, I wanted to get your feedback/experience with JMS RACING out in San Antonio TX that has done work on your Evos. I have tried countlessly to search reviews , but they are so old that I do not see anything updated since 2014 and below. I am going to bring my car to them because I read they are a reputable shop, but if anyone can give me some sort of feedback it would be great and very helpful. There is a saying when buying a new product, always look to their reviews and peoples experiences so it can help you with your decision whether it be a wise or poor decision. anyways thanks guys for your help.
Old May 8, 2018, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the above post is kind of old, but I just wanted to give a shout out to Jorge from JMS Racing. Drove 6 hours from Wichita Falls, TX to San Antonio, TX and my car started running extremely rich with the AFR going haywire. Took my car to Jorge after a failed tune at another tune shop, he was able to pinpoint the issue to be a bad MAP sensor with a minor boost leak. Jorge swapped out my MAP sensor, replaced all my spark plugs, fixed the leak, and dyno'd the car. I dropped my car off on Monday and Jorge was able to turn around and get it back to me the very next day. He even took me for a drive in my car on the day of the pick up to verify and let me know that everything was good with my car. Extremely professional and I would highly recommend Jorge to any Evo owners in the area. If I am ever in the area and need a tune, JMS Racing is now my go to. Thank you Jorge!

Here are the numbers from my tune at JMS Racing on 93 octane.
Old May 16, 2018, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

I've had a great experience with Jorge on tuning, I have been running around on bolt ons and e85 tune for about 2 years and everything is going great!
Old May 16, 2018, 09:02 PM

Jorge did my proefi setup and a bunch of other work . I’m in the 900hp range. I’ll be dropping car off soon to push for 1k+hp I’m from El Paso tx and he’s the only person i let touch my car despite the 7 hr drive . Great work !
Old Jun 17, 2018, 04:37 PM

Just curious here, what kind of evos did y’all have? Cause I’m buying an evo x later this week and I already know it needs larger injectors plus tune so wondering if this is the place i’d be taking it to. I also live in san antonio
Old Jun 18, 2018, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
They done all my evos. knows joaq and Jorge for over 10 years
Old Jun 19, 2018, 09:18 AM

Awesome! I appreciate the response