Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Rich A/F's?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich A/F's?

Did a 3rd gear pull coming home in a pretty crazy rain storm last week. During the pull, I definitely felt lack of power and looked down to see my A/F's in the low 10's.

I'm tuned @ ~25-26 psi and A/F's are usually a ~11.3.

Pulled the plugs and they seem fine. Checked for boost leaks and I don't see anything. I've had boost leaks before and I've always been able to hear them, but I don't hear anything at all this time.

Went ahead and reset my ecu (Removed battery & #2 fuse), no change.

Any ideas? Car idles completely fine and drives as normal. Just when laying into it goes super rich. Definitely feels like it's getting choked up.

Maybe I do have a boost leak and it isn't hitting target boost? I'm about to order a boost gauge to determine if that is the case. Wish I could pull an actual log, but the guy who tuned my car is a few hours away and I don't have any of the hardware.

Just didn't know if anyone had experienced anything similar? I'll check back once I get a gauge and learn where the boost values are at.

Mods are
- Intake
- UICP
- Test Pipe
- Cat Back
- 3 Port
- Wideband
- Opensource Tune
Old May 12, 2017, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
i had something similar with no boost leak, my exhaust manifold/turbo gasket was leaking.
Old May 25, 2017, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
Do a boost leak test. Not sure how you "didn't see anything" without doing the actual test.
Boost gauge won't show you always.

~Jaraxle
Old May 30, 2017, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Do a boost leak test, and pressurize to the pressure you're tuned at. A lot of people only pressurize to 10psi or so because they're afraid they'll break something. But a lot of leaks don't show up until you get to those pressures!