Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

ECU disconnects under acceleration

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU disconnects under acceleration

Hi, I own a 2015 Evo x RS, I've had issues with my ECU disconnecting only under acceleration and that not even consistently, 4 out of 5 pulls all seems fine but on the 5th it'll just die and throw a p0606 code.
I'm really frustrated as I have taken apart the entire wiring loom/harness and haven't found any issues there.
and it only happens when accelerating so finding the source of the problem is near impossible.
has anyone ever encountered something similar?

Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I had an issue before where I hit a fantastic pothole and the instrument cluster started freaking out. As in it was beeping, the needles were frantically sweeping and I got a bunch of error lights. The car didn't die, but when I turned it off, it wouldn't start back up. It would just kick on the fans and not even turn over.

The only thing I can think of is a wiring connection to or from the ECU. There's two harnesses connected to it. I'd try disconnecting it and reconnecting it. The only worry is that it could be a damaged wire somewhere, which would be near impossible to find.

Alternatively, is the battery secure? There might be enough throw to break the connection to the battery.