Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Asc light

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asc light

i have a probleme my asc light come on , when i start the engine ( no run ) i can stop the engine and restart the light is off... i can 10km drive no asc light ... then i can make engine off and when i make next start 50/50 procent the asc light is on or not ! I think is not a problem from the boost the light come on wen i started and go away i turn uf the key and make a new start. Sorry my english is not good thx
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:34 PM

🤔

No idea?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:37 AM

Are you able to select the ASC mode like Gravel, Snow and Tarmac when the light is on?

If not, you AYC pump is probably shot and you need to replace it.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:42 AM

I will test it tomorrow. i thought when the asc light is on It is normal that i can not chance the mode?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 01:47 PM

Our cars are prone to failing AYC pump and in that case ASC light comes on and you can't select the mode. Thre is an extended warranty on the pump that Mitsubishi will replace for free if you haven't reached 160k kms. But they will make you pay for diagnostincs about $100. It's refunded if the issue is the pump.