Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

P0171 code popped up during city driving after tune.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0171 code popped up during city driving after tune.

I got tuned by a very reputable tuner in SoCal 4 months ago for flex fuel. That's all the mods I have: fuel pump, injectors and flex fuel kit. Everything was fine until about 2 months later P0171 code popped up. I logged the car and it had good AFR values so I reset it and the car was fine till day before yesterday it popped up again. Both times it popped up during city driving. I don't think it's a physical problem because I was at Streets of Willow race track the weekend earlier and everything looked fine - AFRs were good. It was below freezing at Streets of Willow as well and still no code when driving there.

Here's what I see so far. When I'm on throttle like taking off from a light and cruising my LTFT is at about 9% but when I take the foot off to coast is jumps to 12.5%. STFT's jump around wildly too. For example when LTFT's at 12.5% STFT is at -12.5% (what??). All this is happening in the same tank of gas that I got before the code was thrown. And this morning, the CEL went off by itself. The tuner is not responding to any emails. They're off the phones for a little while too. So question is how bad of a situation am I? Should I try to go to a different tuner? This is my daily driver as well.

I have an EvoScan log driving to work after the code was thrown for more info.
Attached Files
File Type: csv
Lean code street driving.csv (4.13 MB, 0 views)