Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Flutter/power loss 4-5K rpm

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flutter/power loss 4-5K rpm

Hello! I'm having an interesting problem where under moderate to hard acceleration I'm experiencing some kind of power loss. I don't know how to explain it other than around 4K rpm the engine flutters really bad and I lose like all power. This has been happening for a few days now and today it actually happened in 1st and 2nd under very light acceleration. Not setting any codes at this time either. I was previously getting the P1235 code for MAF plausability but before I could go adjust my air limit tables I encountered this issue. I checked fuel pressure today at idle via the instructions found on AllData, which I'm fairly certain uses the factory repair manual procedures. At idle with vacuum hose connected I had a solid 39psi and with the vacuum hose disconnected and port plugged to the manifold it was a steady 49psi. I drove with the pressure gauge hooked up and got the car to act up and I didn't notice a change in the psi at all. That being said, I also didn't notice the gauge go up and I don't know if it should and if so how much? Like what is normal fuel pressure under WOT at about 4K rpm? Regardless, it didn't drop below 38psi the whole time and after shutting off the engine it did not drop any even after about 5mins. I do have 3 data logs I'm going to upload of when this problem occurs and hopefully somebody will see something I'm not. I have the TephraModV3 currently tuned by myself, "hot air" intake, stock turbo, turbo back exhaust. As far as I'm aware it has the stock pump still. I have already upgraded to the new orange fuel pump relay via STM. I'm running AEM boost and afr gauge with bosch lsu 4.9 or whatever the newest one is and under this condition I'm reading good boost and about 10-11 afr, which is normal because that's what it's tuned to.