Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Agency Power Evo X Exhaust From Vivid Racing Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Agency Power Evo X Exhaust From Vivid Racing Review

Yesterday Vivid Racing completed installation and testing of Agency Power Titanium Tip dual catback exhaust and test pipe. All I can say is WOW!!! This made a huge difference in overall throttle response and acceleration in 4th and 5th gear is a night and day change in comparison to stock. The dyno results show a peak HP gain of 14 and a peak torque gain of 11Ft/lbs but as great of a gain that is I don’t think it does this exhaust justice. In less than 15 miles diving with the new exhaust you can tell the gains will be much MUCH higher once an intake is installed in combination with it.

For those concerned with the sound of the exhaust, the guys at Vivid made a drive by video for you to judge for your selves. I personally love the sound and when the windows are up you can barely even hear the exhaust when driving normal.

I only have about 80 miles on the new exhaust and plan to take the car back to Vivid for an intake and IC piping soon as they are ready. I will post new results and any additional feed back once that is finished. Plus that will also give me time to break in the new exhaust.

Pros:
Great gains as the only performance mod so far
Very little restriction
Very deep tone
Quite during normal driving / Aggressive sound when you punch it hard
Looks amazing

Cons:
Begs for more air. Get an air intake with this

See the video and more pictures here: http://www.vividracing.com/forums/vi...dyno-test.html
Attached Thumbnails Agency Power Evo X Exhaust From Vivid Racing Review-scan10323a.jpg   Agency Power Evo X Exhaust From Vivid Racing Review-img_6817.jpg   Agency Power Evo X Exhaust From Vivid Racing Review-img_6811.jpg   Agency Power Evo X Exhaust From Vivid Racing Review-img_6816.jpg  
Old Feb 21, 2008, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I can't wait to get my x
Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for sharing Seth. Looks good, but seems to loud for this car. I do like the looks of the tips though. I guess the sad part is videos dont do much justice for sound comparison. Too bad you dont have a stock run of your car to compare so there would be a before and after check.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

Did u get your car at mark mitsu in glendale? Could of sworn i think i saw it there when i got mine.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by PDXEvo
Thanks for sharing Seth. Looks good, but seems too loud for this car. I do like the looks of the tips though. I guess the sad part is videos don’t do much justice for sound comparison. Too bad you don’t have a stock run of your car to compare so there would be a before and after check.
Now that you say it I kind of wish I had. But stock exhaust video clips should not be hard to come by to get a general comparison. As for the being to loud for this car, I did ask to have test pipe installed so I am sure the sound would be lower if cat was still on. At least on other cars that was the case. Unfortunately I do not have videos with and without cat to compare.

Originally Posted by buffaluphagus
Did u get your car at mark mitsu in glendale? Could of sworn i think i saw it there when i got mine.
Mark Mitsu Scottsdale
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

My EVOX has exact same color as yours. Did you get a CEL since you took out the cat? O2 sensors?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 08:06 PM

wow simple bolt-on=great gains. Thats very good
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Looks very nice. Sits pretty low, probably dont want to drop the car at all.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Very good!!!! Can't wait to see the results when you slap a intake on her.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:04 PM
Account Disabled

Congrats!
Old Feb 23, 2008, 03:45 AM

IMO, this look better than the BR one.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:11 AM
Account Disabled

^Sounds better too.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:45 PM

Love the Exhaust!!! Looks great
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i think this is the exhaust for me
Old Mar 24, 2008, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sevi_EvoX
The dyno results show a peak HP gain of 14 and a peak torque gain of 11Ft/lbs but as great of a gain that is I don’t think it does this exhaust justice.

I did ask to have test pipe installed so I am sure the sound would be lower if cat was still on.[/url]

I don't want to this to come off as rude nor do I want to rain on your parade as I am in the market for an exhaust like most everyone here. If I am understanding you correctly here, you are gaining 14 BHP, not WHP (couldn't make out the dyno graph, though) on a catback and test pipe? To me I would have thought you would have more gains than that. Not to say one company is better than another (I have no bias to any of them) but AMS has proven their catback exhaust picked up 15 WHP and another 15 WHP with a test pipe. By my calculations with at 20% drive train loss this equates to a total BHP gain of 37.5. Just for reference here is the link where I got my numbers.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...322332&page=11

I can't state this enough, I am not trying to put anyone's products down, I am just trying to get an understanding as to whose products are making the most power. Because lets face it, at the end of the day we all want to make the most power possible with these bolt-ons.

Thanks in advance
~Ryan

Last edited by Spoolin11; Mar 24, 2008 at 05:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Agency Power Evo X Exhaust From Vivid Racing Review