Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

GSC 4B11T CNC Head and Cams

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GSC 4B11T CNC Head and Cams

Sorry we haven’t been updating on the work in progress here at GSC, we have a new facility and some very exciting items in line for this year!

So about that new Evo X...

We received our first 4B11T test head a few months ago along with the stock cams for Billet Core development and we are on target to beat our June 1st release of the 4B11T cams. Our first test sets should find there way into some cars mid to late April! We are planning on swinging for the fences right out of the gate with 3 grinds, S1-S3.....

GSC will release an XR CNC Head for the 4B11T in mid may along with our XR CNC 4G63 heads for the evo 8 and the evo 9. I must say the 4B11T head is actually a nicer piece than the 4G63. The intake side is awesome and the exhaust side can be cleaned up to match her intake ports. we are playing with valve sizing now on the head and also trying some different valve stem diameters... the only down side to the new head is the amount of lift we can run on the stock buckets we will be machining into each head the relief’s needed to run more lift

(unfortunately we will not be posting actual measurements or design ideas do to competition).

Last edited by Guerillah; Feb 28, 2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweet, hopefully the new cams will yield as much power as they did in the ix, or maybe even more.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Thats very interesting. Almost as interesting as the X having semi closed deck not an open deck block.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

I must say the 4B11T head is actually a nicer piece than the 4G63.

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Also got in a connecting rod today and our cylinder head core. We will start out flow bench work on the cylinder head shortly. The head is horrible. The intake side appears to be an engineering improvement but the exhaust is not looking good at all.
How can the head be an improvement when the intake/exhaust ratio of the ports are nowhere near as close to 1 as the 4G63 head. They state it's a "nicer piece" but only mention larger intake ports. Then they dismiss the shortcomings of the exhaust port size and the amount of lift they can run on the stock buckets by saying how they can fix it??

Old Feb 29, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
[/b][/color]

How can the head be an improvement when the intake/exhaust ratio of the ports are nowhere near as close to 1 as the 4G63 head. They state it's a "nicer piece" but only mention larger intake ports. Then they dismiss the shortcomings of the exhaust port size and the amount of lift they can run on the stock buckets by saying how they can fix it??

The intake/exhaust ratio on the 4G63 might not even be a good one. Nobody has flow benched the head so who the hell really knows? The head in the S2000 makes the 4G63 head look like a joke. I have included some valve size for comparison and ratio. Of course theres more to a head than just this. The ratio on the F20C is much lower than the 4G63 but flows substantially more... :P

F20C - 86% ratio
------
36mm intake valve
31mm exhaust valve

4B11T - 83% ratio
--------
35mm intake valve
29mm exhaust valve

4G63 - 90% ratio
-------
34mm intake valve
30.5mm exhaust valve

Last edited by Guerillah; Feb 29, 2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

I'll take DB's word for it, after comparing both companies 4g63 ported head.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

So can someone please explain, how gsc says that the head is great, and how db can say the head is horrible.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guerillah
The intake/exhaust ratio on the 4G63 might not even be a good one. Nobody has flow benched the head so who the hell really knows? The head in the S2000 makes the 4G63 head look like a joke. I have included some valve size for comparison and ratio. Of course theres more to a head than just this. The ratio on the F20C is much lower than the 4G63 but flows substantially more... :P

F20C - 86% ratio
------
36mm intake valve
31mm exhaust valve

4B11T - 83% ratio
--------
35mm intake valve
29mm exhaust valve

4G63 - 90% ratio
-------
34mm intake valve
30.5mm exhaust valve
OK. Whatever you say..
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

OK. Whatever you say..
You'll be eating your words
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guerillah
You'll be eating your words

If the X head can be improved - GREAT! So can the 8/9s head be improved..
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

the IX heads seems to have more flow than the X from the factory. Im sure vendors will do some work to fix that
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
the IX heads seems to have more flow than the X from the factory. Im sure vendors will do some work to fix that
Why do you say it flows more? This hasn't been proven by anyone.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

If the X head can be improved - GREAT! So can the 8/9s head be improved..
What does this have to do with this thread. Perfect example, of off topic b.s, man you really ruin threads alot here. Why do you even post in the x section, when anytime anyone mentions anything about the X, you have to go and start making comparison posts, to make youself feel better. Stop!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Asta4125
What does this have to do with this thread. Perfect example, of off topic b.s, man you really ruin threads alot here. Why do you even post in the x section, when anytime anyone mentions anything about the X, you have to go and start making comparison posts, to make youself feel better. Stop!

LOL, it's the fact that a lot of people are bitter that there "beloved" Ix, or VIII might actually be out performed in every aspect and by a heavier X!

I used to own an VIII, almost bought a IX, but glad I waited for the X

Anyhow.. back on topic, this CNC'd head that they produce should be the sh*t.... I can't wait for it.

-Chris
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:44 AM

I am glad to see the speed of aftermarket response to the X hitting the market. So my hats of to you guys gettin this done.

As far as flow, and the difference in heads. I think that most dont look at the broader picture. There are so many different factors that go into the design of a head. So I wouldn't go off and say that the 4g63 heads are better. Though you can say they are proven. Though obviuosly mitusbishi thought the design could be improved on, and now you have the 4b11. I believe that in the long run the 4b11 will be a better engine due to many design improvements. All I can say is give it some time, and let the engineers do there job!

Quick Reply: GSC 4B11T CNC Head and Cams