Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

DTM New X FMIC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:23 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No need for the hangers, Just the bottom two brackets that hold it to the frame.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DTM
No need for the hangers, Just the bottom two brackets that hold it to the frame.

o ok, cool
Old Mar 6, 2008, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

dtm has always had perfect fitment on all their products nice one guys
Old Mar 6, 2008, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

the X is going to change the game as we see it...
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

great looking intercooler, in for dyno results, and more pics
Old Mar 6, 2008, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DTM
We designed a new intercooler for our EVO X. Here are some pics for now until we install and tune it. It is completely plug and play. NO NEED to change anything.
Check out the Welds
Enjoy

Very nice! I just might get one of these as soon as i get my wife to trade the BMW in
Old Mar 7, 2008, 07:53 AM

Any pics comparing it to the stock FMIC?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:31 AM

how much hp can this FMIC withstand? is it anywhere near Buschur's 1000awhp rated FMIC?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:51 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

This 3.5" core has the ability to 1280 CFM.
Are you looking to make 1000 HP?
Because that really isn't a good basis to see if a product fits your needs.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:52 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOXCO
Any pics comparing it to the stock FMIC?
I'll take some when I take it off the car again. Right now its under tesing.
What are you trying to compare? Maybe I can answer the question
Old Mar 8, 2008, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DTM
This 3.5" core has the ability to 1280 CFM.
Are you looking to make 1000 HP?
Because that really isn't a good basis to see if a product fits your needs.
The relevance of if someone is looking to make 1000 Hp doesn't matter... One big problem of any turbo charged application is high IATs. I would rather spend the money and get one of the best FMICs I could because keeping those IATs as cool as possible should be one of your higher priorities. So the fact that your 3.5" core can or maybe support 750 Hp where a thicker core 4 or 4.5" can support 1000 Hp doesn't say that you should settle with the 3.5" core because you are only making say 400 Hp. Also If your saying that getting the core thats fits your needs because it might save you some money.... well then mise well get the buschur core for the simple fact it costs basically the same as yours and his supports 1000 Hp. Just my .02 cents

P.S. Those welds are nice
Old Mar 8, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Turbo Intercooler Performance
http://www.turbomod.com/furast1450hp.html

Originally Posted by michow87
how much hp can this FMIC withstand? is it anywhere near Buschur's 1000awhp rated FMIC?
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:03 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvilEvo9MR
The relevance of if someone is looking to make 1000 Hp doesn't matter...
Yes it surely does. If someone is basing the purchase of said intercooler, on the fact that it can capacitate or "make 1000 hp" means that they are purely looking at the highest "numerical value" and guessing that it will outperform others. Completely untrue and misleading.

One big problem of any turbo charged application is high IATs. I would rather spend the money and get one of the best FMICs I could because keeping those IATs as cool as possible should be one of your higher priorities.
Charge temp is THE most important factor in designing an intercooler as a whole. Along with that, end tank design, inlet and outlet velocity and the proper surface area. Those three items I just described, put together, directly and indirectly affect what our charge temps will be after the IC outlet.
How do you now WHAT the best FMIC is?
You say you would rather buy the best right? How do you know this one is not? I can assure you that we didn't just piece some sheetmetal together and call it a day

So the fact that your 3.5" core can or maybe support 750 Hp where a thicker core 4 or 4.5" can support 1000 Hp doesn't say that you should settle with the 3.5" core because you are only making say 400 Hp.
I said and I quote: "This 3.5" core has the ability to 1280 CFM"
With that said, it has been tested at 25 psi of clean air pressure through the the core.
A thicker core, DOES NOT mean it is a better unit. There are ALOT of variables to take into consideration. One of those factors is whether or not the inlet charge is being cooled at the same rate as it would be on the back side of the thicker core. When airflow passes thru the fin surface area it will slow and heat up as it exchanges heat from the first few inches. Has anyone posted conclusive data to prove that a 4" or 4.5" core will flow or be as efficient as a 2', 2.5', 3' or 3.5' core?
I also never stated that this core will only flow efficiently for 400hp. The stocker is good for 350. The one we designed can flow upward of 800+ with great efficiency. So when I say, do you need 1000hp, I actually mean it. Why would a core that is claimed to support 1000hp be better than a 700 hp core? It doesn't make any sense. If you can make 1000hp on 50 psi with one core, but make 1000 on 42psi....wouldn't that say something about the validity of your claim? NO ONE has shown any evidence of this. And no one probably will.

Also If your saying that getting the core thats fits your needs because it might save you some money.... well then mise well get the buschur core for the simple fact it costs basically the same as yours and his supports 1000 Hp. Just my .02 cents
I never said anything about it fitting your needs for monetary purposes. Fitting the needs of the customer based on the goal of the car and how much airflow the engine will process.

P.S. Those welds are nice
Thank you
Old Mar 9, 2008, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DTM
Yes it surely does. If someone is basing the purchase of said intercooler, on the fact that it can capacitate or "make 1000 hp" means that they are purely looking at the highest "numerical value" and guessing that it will outperform others. Completely untrue and misleading.

Charge temp is THE most important factor in designing an intercooler as a whole. Along with that, end tank design, inlet and outlet velocity and the proper surface area. Those three items I just described, put together, directly and indirectly affect what our charge temps will be after the IC outlet.
How do you now WHAT the best FMIC is?
You say you would rather buy the best right? How do you know this one is not? I can assure you that we didn't just piece some sheetmetal together and call it a day

I said and I quote: "This 3.5" core has the ability to 1280 CFM"
With that said, it has been tested at 25 psi of clean air pressure through the the core.
A thicker core, DOES NOT mean it is a better unit. There are ALOT of variables to take into consideration. One of those factors is whether or not the inlet charge is being cooled at the same rate as it would be on the back side of the thicker core. When airflow passes thru the fin surface area it will slow and heat up as it exchanges heat from the first few inches. Has anyone posted conclusive data to prove that a 4" or 4.5" core will flow or be as efficient as a 2', 2.5', 3' or 3.5' core?
I also never stated that this core will only flow efficiently for 400hp. The stocker is good for 350. The one we designed can flow upward of 800+ with great efficiency. So when I say, do you need 1000hp, I actually mean it. Why would a core that is claimed to support 1000hp be better than a 700 hp core? It doesn't make any sense. If you can make 1000hp on 50 psi with one core, but make 1000 on 42psi....wouldn't that say something about the validity of your claim? NO ONE has shown any evidence of this. And no one probably will.

I never said anything about it fitting your needs for monetary purposes. Fitting the needs of the customer based on the goal of the car and how much airflow the engine will process.

Thank you

"The relevance of if someone is trying to make 1000Hp doesn't matter" was me questioning not saying it is true... should of used a ? instead Nor was I saying your intercooler was a POS in fact I said it looked nice. I wasn't flaming either but you did cut up my post and throw out some good points As you can see ive been a member for almost 2 years with only 60 posts. I usually just read because when people type opinions or whatever it is hard to understand where they are coming from and usually get taking out of context Well at any rate keep up the work and I hope you have good results with your products
Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:01 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvilEvo9MR
"The relevance of if someone is trying to make 1000Hp doesn't matter" was me questioning not saying it is true... should of used a ? instead Nor was I saying your intercooler was a POS in fact I said it looked nice. I wasn't flaming either but you did cut up my post and throw out some good points As you can see ive been a member for almost 2 years with only 60 posts. I usually just read because when people type opinions or whatever it is hard to understand where they are coming from and usually get taking out of context Well at any rate keep up the work and I hope you have good results with your products
I hear ya on the taking **** out of context! Thanks for not taking it as an attack. Just trying to make a couple of points.

Quick Reply: DTM New X FMIC