Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO X MR Transmission

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO X MR Transmission

All,
I'm experiencing some odd behavior with my MR. I have approx 2k miles on the vehicle and have experienced this problem 6 times. The problem appears to be when downshifting to 1st gear. ...it's an extremely hard downshift that feels like it comes from the rear of the car...feels as if you're getting bumped by another vehicle. Most of the time it's when I’m in stop and go traffic.

I can't duplicate the problem for a technician so it's hard to troubleshoot. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks for reading.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Are you on the brakes when you're downshifting to first? I heard the car doesn't like you braking while it's trying to rev-match and downshift.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:06 PM

Probably about 50% of the time. I could be in traffic, in 2nd just rolling/slowing down without brakes and then BAM!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
my car does the samething.thats about the only time this transmission feels like a manual.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup, I get the kick in the rear when rapidly decelerating, followed by rapid acceleration. It seems like the computer is trying to find the proper gear.

I also experience a slight push forward when slowing down & gently releasing the brake for a smooth stop. This happens between 2nd & 1st.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:37 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I just wanted to make sure, because it seemed so harsh and scared the heck out of me and the passenger...thinking we were hit or the trans fell off the car.

Last edited by bthemh; Oct 28, 2008 at 04:41 PM.