Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Red for EVOX Turbocharger

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can we expect from 93 octane?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 01:30 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks Robert for such amazing turbo.
Guys this turbo is capable of more than 400 whp on a complete stock engine relative low boost.

We are running almost 500 whp on a stock engine that I have to be conservative to don't break any internal because to much stress on the tuning.
I know that this turbo have more power potential but first we need to work some areas to be able to extract alot more power from the turbo.

The good thing about this turbo is the power potential and boost response with out the need to do alot of mods to the car.

Thanks again Robert and Aniel to trust on us since the first moment we call you for help.

Gadiel
Old Nov 21, 2008, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Gadiel, I'm dropping the AFI 35r Single Scroll kit in the car this weekend and the hopefully the JUN 2.3 stroker next weekend (if it arrives ). How far do you think we can push this beast before we start breaking things?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 07:51 AM
Former Sponsor

I am happy with the results we were able to achieve on Ryan's car. I am even happier that it holds up on road course while taking a severe beating! The 4b11 loves this thing! I am very anxious to see what it does on pump gas, someone buy one and bring it to AMS already!! haha.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 08:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the kudos guys, glad you are enjoying the toys!

3 sitting on the shelf, they look so lonely and looking for love. Running a batch of 45 right now
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:46 AM
Former Sponsor

I am getting asked this question repeatedly so I will answer it here.

"Does your turbo have the stock turbine wheel in it? I was going to buy another upgrade stock turbo from XYZ and theirs is a lot cheaper? Is yours more expensive because it also has a larger turbine wheel fitted?"

No, our turbo does NOT retain the small TD05H turbine wheel. Doing so will choke out all the top end power and limit the total airflow thru the engine. "You cant get it in if you dont get it out" applies here. Sure it would be easier and cheaper to simply install a larger compressor wheel, but the real world power would simply not exist. Yes I suppose our turbo is more expensive than a stock turbine wheeled upgrade, but I think that a "full upgrade" is what you are probably looking for.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I got a ride in BlackTrack/Ryan Gates' car with this turbo, and it was *very* impressive. I drive a FULLY bolted on evo8 w/ IX turbo, E85, alky, cams, ported everything, and this thing would smoke my car. The spool-up, boost threshold, and transient boost is so close to stock it is really really really really really impressive that this thing makes 450+ dynojet whp w/o breaking a sweat.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:01 PM
Account Disabled

For those interested in upgrading your stock turbo, I have got information up on the website now for this option:

Forced Performance Upgrades

Please let us know if anyone has any questions regarding our turbochargers.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 09:17 AM
Account Disabled

The numbers the fpRed cars are putting down are just crazy...fp ftw...it's amazing to see big gains from minimal mods...

Can't wait to see what more X's ate going to do with the Red
Old Nov 25, 2008, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Robert,

Any plans on a red sized BB turbo?
Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

My target is to achieve between 350 and 400 whp on 93 gas while retaining full drivability of a street car.
Should I consider this turbo or look for something else (or may be stick with stock)? I know that some turbos are only waking up at certain boost levels. What other mods are recommended for these power levels?
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mojito
My target is to achieve between 350 and 400 whp on 93 gas while retaining full drivability of a street car.
Should I consider this turbo or look for something else (or may be stick with stock)? I know that some turbos are only waking up at certain boost levels. What other mods are recommended for these power levels?
You can easily make the power with a Red. Yes, boost levels do need to be higher to be really useful, and you need to do pump, injectors, and a turbo back exhaust is also a good idea.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojito
350whp is achieveable on the stock turbo briefly
Old Nov 25, 2008, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Is the red core exchange? I saw someone wanting to sell their stock turbo to buy a red.

I'm 2 steps from buying the red. Just waiting for more reviews and I need to research the FP and injectors.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Gump
Gadiel, I'm dropping the AFI 35r Single Scroll kit in the car this weekend and the hopefully the JUN 2.3 stroker next weekend (if it arrives ). How far do you think we can push this beast before we start breaking things?

Does anybody know the answer to this question?I think that we have a problem here in the UK and that problem is people don't really know how far to push the x power wise,I've just ordered a red to bolt on to go with some cams and an uprated fuel system,including injectors.

At the moment it's had the Ecutek map plus AMS intercooler,induction kit and top pipe fitted and it's running around the 400/400 mark

Knowledge is power I know but would appreciate some sharing of knowledge

Thanks

Quick Reply: FP Red for EVOX Turbocharger