Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Official Evolution X Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Are you talking opposed to running no catback exhaust at all? If your comparing it vs other catback options there won't be any negative effects compared to those.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 07:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is my ETS Extreme. You guys are the best!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCQ...ature=youtu.be
The following users liked this post:
ETS Michael (Feb 15, 2018)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMS Downpipe, ETS straight pipe, custom 3" straight pipes to quad tips.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 01:17 PM

The ETS V3 quiet exhaust has and optional resonator. Any difference with or without it? Does the resonator quiet it down more?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by evostanman
I had my ETS v2 extreme for 1 year now and decided to try out the single route... I love the v2 extreme but it kinda got on the loud/raspy side after installing my test pipe. Since my plan is to run the ETS open dump dp, the V2 extreme would've been stupid loud, not even funny, specially living in Los Angeles. Cops are dicks around here...Might sell the v2 Extreme, hmm?

So I pulled the trigger on the Invidia N1 Ti Tip and installed it yesterday Sounds amazing!
I went with this set up because others in my area either have Tomei or ETS single, I wanted to be somewhat different. Invidia N1 exhaust, along with my depo tp, is pure eargasm. Can't wait to get the ETS open dump dp to complete my set up. Will upload pics soon...

Hi I am looking for an exhaust for my evo x. I really like the ets v2 but it is expensive. Did you end up liking the Invidia N1 more/less than the ETS V2? How would you compare them? Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:21 PM

Sheepy VS MAperformance

Ordering a turbo manifold this week, looking for some feedback back on the differences between sheey’s manifold and MAperformance’s (besides price) only info I could find was that they’re both ported, and the MAP is 1.25” tubing. If anyone has some info please lmk!
Old Apr 20, 2020, 09:00 PM

Alright, I know it all comes down to preference, but I am completely torn between the Tomei Expreme Ti and the ETS Extreme V3.

I know that video sound clips just don't do them justice, so does anybody have any experience with them they can share? The Tomei looks like it sits pretty low, any issues with scraping?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

So I have the Tomei and I Daily the car (2014 GSR) so yes to me I think it is one of the nicest looking and sounding single exit exhaust for the X, but Yes it is LOUD. I have been ticketed 2xs for the exhaust between NY/NJ driving, the one in NJ i had to pay was roughly like $60 i got stopped at like 12am or so. The silencer they give you does quiet it down for start ups and such but when you're driving on the highway and in it, its like its not there at all. Now I don't really mind it, but i was thinking about adding a resonator to the midpipe like the link below from Ttsumibishi. I love the exhaust too much to change to a dual or another cat back. As far as the scraping goes, depends how low you put the car. I have coils on it but dropped almost 2 inches and I've been ok with the car over bumps and such. If you don't try and slam the car you'll be fine. With all the speedbumps and such here the setup works for me.

https://www.evoxforums.com/threads/p...exhaust.70254/

Last edited by 08LancerGTS_62; Apr 22, 2020 at 08:35 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

Temporary. Sold the Tsudo N1 single I had, getting a custom 3.5” built soon so this will do until then.
The following users liked this post:
Matthew Blunk (May 29, 2020)
Old Apr 23, 2020, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by 08LancerGTS_62
So I have the Tomei and I Daily the car (2014 GSR) so yes to me I think it is one of the nicest looking and sounding single exit exhaust for the X, but Yes it is LOUD. I have been ticketed 2xs for the exhaust between NY/NJ driving, the one in NJ i had to pay was roughly like $60 i got stopped at like 12am or so. The silencer they give you does quiet it down for start ups and such but when you're driving on the highway and in it, its like its not there at all. Now I don't really mind it, but i was thinking about adding a resonator to the midpipe like the link below from Ttsumibishi. I love the exhaust too much to change to a dual or another cat back. As far as the scraping goes, depends how low you put the car. I have coils on it but dropped almost 2 inches and I've been ok with the car over bumps and such. If you don't try and slam the car you'll be fine. With all the speedbumps and such here the setup works for me.

https://www.evoxforums.com/threads/p...exhaust.70254/
Thank you my man, appreciate the feedback. I'm in FL so no issues with the cops here luckily. I'll keep everyone posted on what I end up going with
Old Apr 24, 2020, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

A couple of resonators go a long way on a big exhaust. Not only to quiet it down but also to make it sound cleaner and more refined. I opted to run a Vibrant bottle resonator as well as a big Vibrant muffler at the back. No big fart can with a 4.5" tip to amplify the noise further either, just pipe from the muffler to the edge off the bumper.

I'll update in here once the exhaust gets built in a few weeks.
Old May 16, 2020, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

As promised

Old May 29, 2020, 07:46 AM

Building a custom exhaust, rear o2 sensor question

Hi. I'm new.

Anyway I'm ordering a down pipe, and I make exhausts at work regularly, so I'm just going to Fab up a 3" exhaust from the downpipe.

Here's my question. If I decide to delete the cat, instead of getting a high flow, I'm sure it'll trip the CEL. Are you guys successfully getting around that with an O2 sensor spacer on Evo Xs?? I hear some people are just leaving in open air or cutting it all together. I'm not gonna do that tho.

I did search btw, and couldn't find a specific answer to this. Thank for any info
Old May 29, 2020, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by six40
A couple of resonators go a long way on a big exhaust. Not only to quiet it down but also to make it sound cleaner and more refined. I opted to run a Vibrant bottle resonator as well as a big Vibrant muffler at the back. No big fart can with a 4.5" tip to amplify the noise further either, just pipe from the muffler to the edge off the bumper.

I'll update in here once the exhaust gets built in a few weeks.
Already posted, sry

Last edited by Matthew Blunk; May 29, 2020 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Question already answered
Old May 9, 2022, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Quick teaser of my gsr with a MAP cast exhaust manifold, MAP downpipe, MAP high flow cat and MAP's new dual exhaust. Also installed a Grimmspeed boost controller. I'll post some cruising vids eventually.