Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo X Buschur Racing Crossflow Cat-Back Exhaust Installed (Pics/Video)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
It's sad because it's a no brainer to install.
No kidding. I did a DP-back and that system required removing the tow hook for proper fitment (that was more work than it sounded). I'm all thumbs and I managed.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the buschur one, although uses the magnaflow canister, is louder than the one that's actually produced by magnaflow. buschur probably uses a different canister, but i bet he won't tell you which model number he used. i don't know about the weight difference, but it's probably negligible. also, it doesn't matter that the magnaflow-produced pipe hangs lower, as its lowest point is actually at the wheel, meaning you'd have to really bottom out your rear before you hear anything.

the one thing i will agree with though is the bend. buschur's bend probably provides better flow than magnaflow's...but i'm going to lose what, 0.5hp?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
engamesxiii, thanks for the input...............not. The ground clearance is an issue and one of the reasons we changed our original system anyway. I guess some of these guys live where there are giant sized speed bumps that cause problems and steep driveways that do the same. The weight, neglible in your mind but not in someone's mind who is going for as much power as they can make, which also goes with the hp difference.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

engamesxiii, thanks for the input...............not. The ground clearance is an issue and one of the reasons we changed our original system anyway. I guess some of these guys live where there are giant sized speed bumps that cause problems and steep driveways that do the same. The weight, neglible in your mind but not in someone's mind who is going for as much power as they can make, which also goes with the hp difference.
the first "quiet" system you had was god-awfully low, that's for sure. i haven't hit anything since switching over. at least that's not a problem with your cross flow.

and you're right - for someone that wants every ounce of power possible, it does matter. but then you'd get your bullet exhaust and not the crossflow. it's a matter of opinion on these parts, so i'll leave it at that.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:36 PM

Buschur is some quality stuff. I have their exhaust on my Ralliart and love it beyond words. I care more about performance and quality than I do about sound, so the nice throaty growl that it puts out is just a bonus on top of the top end room that let's my Ralliart stretch it's legs. Fit was exceptional and I probably dropped around 15-20 lbs from the OEM exhaust.

If/when I upgrade to the X, I'll certainly be rockin the Buschur.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by buschur_whacked; Sep 23, 2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 01:42 PM

glad to see they changed their design.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone running this exhaust with a fully catless setup and some sort of eliminator downpipe like ETS or AMS? Wondering how loud it gets when you remove cat and such. Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2009, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

i am running the Long UR downpipe and Mini Muffler with this exhaust. this is how i have run it from day one and it is still very quiet.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7384764-post5.html

essentially catless and a downpipe. several months in i still completely love this exhaust system. still very quiet but a nice note at WOT. would recommend to anyone looking for a quieter exhaust.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks gotrnet, much appreciated. Much better coming from a customer than from me
Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like my mind is made up as far as catback goes...

David - Does BR plan to sell a turbo-back version that includes an 02 housing/downpipe/cat-pipe with some added savings for comboing it up? Just wondering...
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

From the testing we have done changing the stock down pipe up to 410 whp on our dyno is a complete waste of money. We have also only tested one 02 housing that fit correctly and added a little bit of power and that is the Megan unit. We will for sure not be doing a dump type 02 housing because every single one of them lose power, including the ones built for the EVO8-9.

Stock downpipe, offroad pipe and our cross flow catback seems to be the best combo so far we've found. Hard to argue 11.7 at 124 in a full weight EVOX on pump gas.

We are currently working on our GT35r kit on the car.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I can see a stock turbo setup not adding much or a any power with a 3" O2 DP setup but it's hard to believe it wouldn't help a car in the 125 mph trap speed area running an upgraded turbo. After all it's a post turbo exhaust restriction so making the pipe 3" all the way to the mufflers should always be a benefit. I know the stock unit is a good "widemouth" design and 2.5" is probably good enough, but I would have to see my own setup dynoed before and after to believe that it doesn't help upgrading that piece. I plan on making an external Dump tube pipe that will vband onto the ATP O2 DP so for track events I can break the sound barrier and then return to sanity for daily driving.

I'm considering switching to a quieter exhaust setup and the Buschur Crossflow seems like a good candidate.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

It's very hard for most people to believe that the stock mandrel bent 2.5" down pipe isn't a restriction, especially those who already bought a 3" Believe me, if I could sell a 3" downpipe we'd have offered one from day one. Part of the responsibililty of owning a dyno and providing parts that work also require being honest enough to admit when something doesn't rather than just offering something else to sell. I've lost a lot of money not selling 3" downpipes to people who insisted they needed one, that's not how we operate though.

I think my 11.7 at 124 mph on pump gas speaks for the power level that can be made on a stock downpipe, stock 02 housing.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
We have to respect that about you, you only sell stuff that actually works and delivers on it's promise. I think about the only good thing about the ATP O2 DP that I got was it allows use of an external WG setup which is allowing me to hold about 1 psi higher from 5500-7000 or so. Plus I think there might be some minor HP gain by doing a custom external dump assuming my exhaust is still not as free flowing as it could be. Only one way to find out, to the dyno!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
From the testing we have done changing the stock down pipe up to 410 whp on our dyno is a complete waste of money. We have also only tested one 02 housing that fit correctly and added a little bit of power and that is the Megan unit. We will for sure not be doing a dump type 02 housing because every single one of them lose power, including the ones built for the EVO8-9.

Stock downpipe, offroad pipe and our cross flow catback seems to be the best combo so far we've found. Hard to argue 11.7 at 124 in a full weight EVOX on pump gas.

We are currently working on our GT35r kit on the car.
great info

Quick Reply: Evo X Buschur Racing Crossflow Cat-Back Exhaust Installed (Pics/Video)