Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

NEED HELP: Shes Knocking her ass off - Sparkplug White..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well 14 counts of knock seems pretty low if the injector was actually bad or connector. You would actually hear it knocking if it was that. I would try new plugs then see what happens
Old Apr 24, 2010, 05:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
this thread is useless without logs
Old Apr 24, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4doorbullit
well 14 counts of knock seems pretty low if the injector was actually bad or connector. You would actually hear it knocking if it was that. I would try new plugs then see what happens
well i dont think the inector is fully shutting down, because the car does not miss or act weird in any way. it seems like it might just be loosing voltage perhaps? i went ahead and bought a new fuelpump relay, just for the hell of it, because ive never replaced mine. never had any problems until now.

Originally Posted by tephra
this thread is useless without logs
my logs are probably usless to you guys, i only have the boost, knock, afr's, and IAT's turned on when i log the car. Thats pretty much All i know how to use.. LOL
I might have a couple other things running, but i only use the basic tools in EvoScan when I self tune.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

after reading all the posts, my guess is that it is the coil plug. sounds like too much coincidence that when you changed your mivec maps this happened, but sometimes **** happens haha. I can't believe you haven't changed the plugs to see if it keeps on doing the same thing though. you could have fouled your plug with the mivec maps you ran and since you didn't replace the plug it's going to continue to be fouled, it doesn't magically fix itself. you should really try login other variables too, Fuel trims, , manifold temps, coolant temps, etc etc they're all very useful in trying to diagnose what's wrong when something goes wrong. just my .02 cents!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

^^+1 beat me into it..it could be the coil plug..what is the color of the spark when you checked the spark?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by criptballer
after reading all the posts, my guess is that it is the coil plug. sounds like too much coincidence that when you changed your mivec maps this happened, but sometimes **** happens haha. I can't believe you haven't changed the plugs to see if it keeps on doing the same thing though. you could have fouled your plug with the mivec maps you ran and since you didn't replace the plug it's going to continue to be fouled, it doesn't magically fix itself. you should really try login other variables too, Fuel trims, , manifold temps, coolant temps, etc etc they're all very useful in trying to diagnose what's wrong when something goes wrong. just my .02 cents!
OP said the plug was white, not typically a sign of a fuel foueld plug, mored likely a properly firing fuel starved plug, injector is the likely candidate.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kmart888
OP said the plug was white, not typically a sign of a fuel foueld plug, mored likely a properly firing fuel starved plug, injector is the likely candidate.
you are correct. my bad, that's what happens when you read threads at work but he also said he sent the injectors back and they were fine it has to be electrical then. i'm going with coil plug!!!!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by criptballer
you are correct. my bad, that's what happens when you read threads at work but he also said he sent the injectors back and they were fine it has to be electrical then. i'm going with coil plug!!!!
Plug looks to be firing correctly, Injector bench test good, must be injector wiring or ECM.

Where is the OP? Has the cause been found yet?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Update: Sorry guys.. Whil eon the dyno we herd some rattling in the head/valvetrain when under load (removing vaccum line at idle)

after a couple pulls i nothice the Meth nozzel was being blow out. all meth was being blown all over the place.

This creates 2 variables, post maf leak and a meth tuned car with no meth.

So, though this does not seem like it could cause everything, its one problem that has to be fixed before further testing. I ordered anew nozzel setup from Devilsown and it will arrive today. Next week we will schedule a Leakdown test and see how that Cylinder turn out.

And take it from there.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

ouch ... sad to hear more probs arising for ya meat but good to hear at least you and your car is still safe. oh btw, did you have a look into the affected pistons ? swap the coil plugs and maybe try another set of plugs too when you are ready for further testing. GL and hope your probs will be resolved.
Old May 2, 2010, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by E6-X
ouch ... sad to hear more probs arising for ya meat but good to hear at least you and your car is still safe. oh btw, did you have a look into the affected pistons ? swap the coil plugs and maybe try another set of plugs too when you are ready for further testing. GL and hope your probs will be resolved.

no, the colis/plugs are firing fine, a white plug is a fuel starved cyliner (most likely).

Update, With the new meth nozzel, shes not knocking anymore.

Were performing a leakdown test next week. Im crossing my fingers nothing is "amess" and we can continue with the final tune.
Old May 2, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

oh, by the way "devilsown" meth nozzels... way better quality the AEM.
Old May 4, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

To date: pulled plugs and all 4 are basically identical. light brown-ish.. this is a very good sign.

What ive done so far- replaced a boot leaking methnozzel
replaced the oem fuelpump fuse. though my car was not showing signs, it is running better now.
Old May 5, 2010, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

glad everything is running fine again...what size of nozzle did you get?
Old May 6, 2010, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

good to see that you got this running again... hopefully in a month I will be back to see the beast in action

Quick Reply: NEED HELP: Shes Knocking her ass off - Sparkplug White..