Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

S-AWC display much more "active" since recent service...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2010, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question S-AWC display much more "active" since recent service...

Hello all!

I had my '08 Evo X MR serviced a couple weeks ago, (Oil change, state & emissions inspections), and as my thread title states, I noticed that my S-AWC display has been much more "active" ever since. Whereas it used to take fairly hard cornering and acceleration for the S-AWC display to register that all of the differentials were working, the display now indicates that the diffs are working even under moderate acceleration and cornering. It almost seems like I'm in the "snow" setting (It's in Tarmac). Otherwise, the car seems fine. I can't imagine how doing something as simple as an oil change and state and emissions inspections would have anything to do with the S-AWC system, but the difference was immediate. For the record, my S-AWC reservoir is full. I did check the tire pressure, and they are lower than I normally run (30 psi front, 28 rear cold), so maybe the discrepancy in tire pressures could make the S-AWC act up. My tires are pretty worn as well (About 4-5/32's and 14000 miles), so it could be a combination of the low pressure and wear, but again, I thought that it was odd that I noticed this immediately after the service.

Needless to say, the dealership had NO clue...

Anyone experience anything similar, or does anyone have any thoughts? Any input would be appreciated!!

Matt

Last edited by Brabus55; Apr 24, 2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old Apr 26, 2010, 09:27 AM

Um I think that's normal. Mild cornering will show S-AWC, but for me it usually only shows 1bar on each side. If you take off from a stop at WOT, you should see it distribute torque between front and rear (I tend to see 1-2 bars front and rear on the display) but usually only for a few seconds.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 06:01 PM

Arrow Not quite...

Originally Posted by Sufu
Um I think that's normal. Mild cornering will show S-AWC, but for me it usually only shows 1bar on each side. If you take off from a stop at WOT, you should see it distribute torque between front and rear (I tend to see 1-2 bars front and rear on the display) but usually only for a few seconds.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
Well, I agree, except that I see the center diff coming on even under fairly light acceleration, and I see the yaw display coming on MUCH sooner, and much more easily than before. Like I was saying before, it's like I'm driving with my S-AWC in the snow setting when it's definitely in the tarmac setting... It's also odd that it was immediately different after my car was serviced.

I appreciate the input all the same!!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Brabus55
Well, I agree, except that I see the center diff coming on even under fairly light acceleration, and I see the yaw display coming on MUCH sooner, and much more easily than before. Like I was saying before, it's like I'm driving with my S-AWC in the snow setting when it's definitely in the tarmac setting... It's also odd that it was immediately different after my car was serviced.

I appreciate the input all the same!!

Did you ever figure out the problem. My ACD bars on the S-AWC display fluctuates at speeds over 55 mph. I would love to figure out how to fix the issue.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 02:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just got some new tires on my 14 and am habing a similar issue. I am not getting anything on the yaw. And i am getting 3 lines in the middle that pretty much flash when the car is in motion. After a few miles the car tells me 4ws system service is required. If I restart my car it works for a few minutes then does the same thing. Im going to be calling mitsubishi and figure it out.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by K-Twelve
I just got some new tires on my 14 and am habing a similar issue. I am not getting anything on the yaw. And i am getting 3 lines in the middle that pretty much flash when the car is in motion. After a few miles the car tells me 4ws system service is required. If I restart my car it works for a few minutes then does the same thing. Im going to be calling mitsubishi and figure it out.

Hello. My issue is now fixed. I changed out all my fluids. Transmission,front differential and both rear differential fluids and then rotated my tires. It fixed the issue. I would pull the codes on your vehicle to determine what may be the problem.