Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Red price hike?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 08:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We ran out of turbos to sell. We dont have any more reds or greens for EVOX in stock, and Japan hasn't sent more stock EVOX turbos for us to convert to Reds and greens yet, so there is going to be a dry spell on availability for the next month or so at least.

We don't like to have special sales going on for product that we don't have and cannot ship in a "more or less" timely manner, so we ended the discount off the regular price on May 6th when we sold the last of the on hand stock.

If you have a lot of something on hand, you run a special sale to move it. If you dont have any stock on hand, then you dont offer a spcial price on the something that you dont have. It's about that basic of a principle really, we don't have any of those turbos to sell right now.
Old May 17, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Robert,

Thanks, this is ALL this thread was about. The other crap was not my intention. You ran out of stock, so your raised the price to quell demand. Thanks!
Now get to work on a black for the X lol :-)
Old May 17, 2010, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Robert,

Are conversions still possible if we send in our stock turbo?

If so, what is the price on the conversion?
Old May 17, 2010, 09:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance
We ran out of turbos to sell. We dont have any more reds or greens for EVOX in stock, and Japan hasn't sent more stock EVOX turbos for us to convert to Reds and greens yet, so there is going to be a dry spell on availability for the next month or so at least.

We don't like to have special sales going on for product that we don't have and cannot ship in a "more or less" timely manner, so we ended the discount off the regular price on May 6th when we sold the last of the on hand stock.

If you have a lot of something on hand, you run a special sale to move it. If you dont have any stock on hand, then you dont offer a spcial price on the something that you dont have. It's about that basic of a principle really, we don't have any of those turbos to sell right now.
And there we have it folks.. While the Red is not on Sale, some other fortunate community is seeing a sale now.. Thanks for chiming in Robert..

Mike
Old May 17, 2010, 09:22 AM
Account Disabled

I was going to get the FP Red, but I'll hold off for the Black for the X.
Old May 17, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by .RYAN
I was going to get the FP Red, but I'll hold off for the Black for the X.
A black for the X nice!!!. I wonder how long that is going to take the red is doing good for now.
Old May 17, 2010, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

LMAO off at this thread.

THE FP Red and FP Green were on SALE for a very LONG time. Product came off sale and went to normal retail price and you guys are all crying. Should have purchased it at the SALE price, if you didn't your beat. It's not FP changing the prices, it's a product no longer on SALE!

Edit: Thanks FP for chiming in.
Old May 17, 2010, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

My goodness mike you got beat up on this thread. Anyway it was on sale and if you missed out all I can say if you think retail is to high you have not drove a car with a fp turbo they are very well made and don't surge like the dom. And now that there is a shortage guess what it's gonna cost more it's a basic concept in business just like cars a hot car will sell at msrp or more in some cases and if they cant sell any of a car they will mark it sown to where they think the market will buy it. I know a few of you are out there saying well I will just get a 35r setup they are great if you are a drag/ track guy but for the stree imo are way to laggy adn as for autox don't even bother adn if all you want if 500whp a red can do it with less lag less cost and if that's where you stop with a t3 it's a waste to have so much lag but not get the gain they can make the ets 6262 is a sweet option if you upgrade the internals since I would not go above 29-30 with this set up unless you upgrade internals. If the price is bad in your opinion then get a t3 and give mike a call it's the least you can do after being so rude to somebody that is just pointing out the fact's it's not like he owns fp.
Old May 17, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Srt-4 Turbo 7
LMAO off at this thread.

THE FP Red and FP Green were on SALE for a very LONG time. Product came off sale and went to normal retail price and you guys are all crying. Should have purchased it at the SALE price, if you didn't your beat. It's not FP changing the prices, it's a product no longer on SALE!
Thanks for repeating what has been said countless times in this thread already.

The moral of this story was just plain and simple economics and FP's reason for ending the sale, aka raising the price, was pretty damn legit in economical terms.

Rockman, you come here for the sake of arguing alone, bringing the IX turbo topic with you when it has no relevance. I read what you said, and you were just making assumptions on the OP's intentions saying that he was never going to buy it in the first place... not everybody jumps face first into all the mods they plan on running all at once. I'm not saying "oh yeah, I definitely know for a fact, 100% certain that the OP was going to buy an FP Red on May 24th, 2010 and this just changed his mind," but I am saying he just might be telling the truth about his intentions.
Old May 17, 2010, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankiago
Thanks for repeating what has been said countless times in this thread already.

The moral of this story was just plain and simple economics and FP's reason for ending the sale, aka raising the price, was pretty damn legit in economical terms.

Rockman, you come here for the sake of arguing alone, bringing the IX turbo topic with you when it has no relevance. I read what you said, and you were just making assumptions on the OP's intentions saying that he was never going to buy it in the first place... not everybody jumps face first into all the mods they plan on running all at once. I'm not saying "oh yeah, I definitely know for a fact, 100% certain that the OP was going to buy an FP Red on May 24th, 2010 and this just changed his mind," but I am saying he just might be telling the truth about his intentions.
sigh/ no point in beating a dead horse man. Your not getting it. Maybe he was thinking the fp red is a good value and the results are insane and was strongly considering it then the price went up and its now out of the question?? if you say so, Does not take away from what the turbo is and does. Again evo 9 or X MONEY IS MONEY i said that before platform does not matter 1500 is 1500. 200 is not a bad increase compared to things i have seen but again I see your point in not wanting to cough up 200 more dollars you rather cough up 3600.00. Makes more sense to all of us
Old May 17, 2010, 07:45 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Frankiago
I'm not a customer of yours and likely never will be. Has nothing to do with this thread, but just browsing through it seems like you're coming off as rude.
QFT...... you're coming off like a B.itch.
Old May 17, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

This thread makes my brain hurt, it may be the booze of monday night talking but seriously. I think we have explored enough of this stupid *** topic. Close the thread!!

Turbo on sale---->turbo not on sale, end of topic.

Oh and FP turbo's own!

Last edited by murlo26; May 17, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old May 17, 2010, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance

Now the price change makes a lot of since.
Old May 17, 2010, 08:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by murlo26
This thread makes my brain hurt, it may be the booze of monday night talking but seriously. I think we have explored enough of this stupid *** topic. Close the thread!!

Turbo on sale---->turbo not on sale, end of topic.

Oh and FP turbo's own!
This we know as FACT..

Mike
Old May 17, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
This we know as FACT..

Mike
Since this thread fails, perhaps you could PM me some useful information Mike. Just out of curiosity...what kind of timing, boost and afr's are you running on the 525whp FPred car? My car is in the process of being rebuilt right now with upgraded everything and would love to break into the 550's. I would love to have more of a graph that looks like yours and the 8/9 Fpred cars where they max out around 5500-6000 rpms and hold/drop slightly. Mine continued increasing, almost linear to redline, so i am guessing i had room to grow, in the midrange for sure.

Quick Reply: FP Red price hike?