Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Akrapovic Exhaust incoming for the Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
Even without the HFC, the only way it's "worth it" is if all you care about is the akrapovic name. It doesn't produce thousands of dollars worth more power quality compared to other exhausts available...

I can build my block and have money left over with the savings of getting a "normal" exhaust...
Or you could do both.

You act like we haven't heard that argument x1000000 times before.

It's a sick exhaust, bottom line -- if you can afford it and it's your fancy more power to you!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Well... the exhaust fit and finish is twice as nice as the whole car. Seems kinda pointless. Maybe for a 911.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 03:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002
Well... the exhaust fit and finish is twice as nice as the whole car. Seems kinda pointless. Maybe for a 911.
Valid point... And akrapovic is quite big in the porsche community.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Get Rad
...the Evolution system with the optional down pipe produces over 31 horsepower more than stock, while at the same time reducing weight by an amazing 16 kg" Which is 35.27 and that is a decent drop in weight....

Yeah, I just saw that.

I weighed all the pieces in my exhaust ( https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...hate-me-2.html ) and my DP, TP, & CBE totalled in at just under 36lbs. And it consists of Manderal Bent & cast Stainless Steel. No titanium or CF here. Sure, I have -2 mufflers compared to this system, but one has to ask. How heavy could those things be?

Last edited by WWIXMR; Feb 20, 2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by shyong
What's the minimum wage in Australia? Just trying to get a bearing on what the average income would be in the land of OZ. In the States, minimum wage is $7.25...most of the states. I was griping a couple years ago when the dollar dropped causing Akrapovic to jack up their prices. Paid $2,200 for a full Evo on my R1 before the price hike. Damn near 20% cost of the bike.
Originally Posted by lpy2009
minimum wage would be $15-$16 for anyone above 21 years old , fresh graduates get $40,000 to $55,000 per year
The minimum wage is $9.00, that is what you would compare to your $7.25. Yes people over 21 years old get $15 plus, but 14 yo working at maccas start at $9 or maybe even slightly less.

I worked at the cinemas when I was 15 and started on $9. Over 4 years it went up to $12.80. My work pays a 20 year old $21 and it's a legal costing firm.

That may give you a better idea. I would think that's similar to the states? And your prices are up to half ours! For example people are selling the FP Green turbo SECOND HAND for $2000+!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by matt4
The minimum wage is $9.00, that is what you would compare to your $7.25. Yes people over 21 years old get $15 plus, but 14 yo working at maccas start at $9 or maybe even slightly less.

I worked at the cinemas when I was 15 and started on $9. Over 4 years it went up to $12.80. My work pays a 20 year old $21 and it's a legal costing firm.

That may give you a better idea. I would think that's similar to the states? And your prices are up to half ours! For example people are selling the FP Green turbo SECOND HAND for $2000+!
hm, before i came here i was thinking about to move there.
It is still interest me , but for a vacation for now
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:21 PM

Why is that? Because of the prices of things over here or because of the wages? I thought the wages would be similar. But if you were going to move here it would have been better a year ago when your dollar was way better than ours or a few years ago when .60 USD would buy 1 AUD!

Sorry that's really OT

The Akra exhaust is SWEEET
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matt4
Why is that? Because of the prices of things over here or because of the wages? I thought the wages would be similar. But if you were going to move here it would have been better a year ago when your dollar was way better than ours or a few years ago when .60 USD would buy 1 AUD!

Sorry that's really OT

The Akra exhaust is SWEEET
i dont care either the price or the wages. I care the wage value in the everyday life.
And still US is pretty high up there... I mean who cares who makes more money by numbers? i care how much i can get for it LOL

Rob
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I just had one of these exhaust systems on the dyno. I have no words for how beautiful it was. There is more attention to detail and engineering in one stupid exhaust hangar than in any other full exhaust system I have seen. Plain nuts. It was super quiet and made power the same as any other full 3" system. I am quite sure it isnt built for anyone here. EVOs are expensive baller cars in other countries where people obviously pay $4k for a light quiet exhaust. The details are just off the scale with this thing.

MIke W
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike W
I just had one of these exhaust systems on the dyno. I have no words for how beautiful it was. There is more attention to detail and engineering in one stupid exhaust hangar than in any other full exhaust system I have seen. Plain nuts. It was super quiet and made power the same as any other full 3" system. I am quite sure it isnt built for anyone here. EVOs are expensive baller cars in other countries where people obviously pay $4k for a light quiet exhaust. The details are just off the scale with this thing.

MIke W
finally

I knew inside everyone would die to have one. Even when they do not admit it openly.
Everyone who knows they stufff and about motor-sport , they will be stunned about this Brand products.
Also the price is on line with the Evo price in EU . we just got waaay to spoiled with the Evo price in the States.
Thanks for the nice review.

Rob
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:16 AM

I never knew Akro made exhaust for cars but they make some AWESOME exhausts for bikes....loved my Akro shorty on my GSXR 600

Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:42 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike W

MIke W
Thanks Mike -- coming from a local legend such as yourself this means quite a bit!

And there are more than just one running this setup out there so far...you gotta pay to play!

- Jason
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For those of you interested. I just put this system on my car.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...stem-like.html
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:36 PM

Nice exhaust.

For you Evo owners in other countries, it's mostly your importation taxes and fees that drive up the cost of your cars. Also, it's safe to assume that the Evo isn't imported in huge numbers, so using economies of scale, I can wager the USA brings in and sells more Evos than any other country.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 08:57 AM
raz
Evolving Member

hi sorry if i missed it before, but where can one purchase this system and who has it in stock thanks, for pointing me in the correct direction