Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Blaqops ? and complaint

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blaqops ? and complaint

Can anyone tell me what wire on my maf i need to tap into for my pump reference. By the way I cant stand it when a vender sells stuff with no support. Blaqops has crap directions that never even mention a maf setup. When i called I was told i will try to get some picks of mountings and wireing for a maf controler and never heard back and there site was not updated. From the way this thing is put together and wired i wish i would have spent my money elsewhere. They do some retarded stuff, who wires a comercial product with the main power source in a green shielded wire ? In my opinion red is for power.. and they crammed the maf senser wire into the controler and smashed it. They could have done a much cleaner job, so far i have spent more time rewireing the stuff they sent than i have the pump into the car.. If you want A CLEAN SETUP WITH GOOD DIRECTIONS THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO REWIRE Keep looking blaqops doesnt have it all quite figured out yet

Last edited by 3dman1; Aug 19, 2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

It's kinda hard to understand what you're trying to say. Is that all one sentence? I'd imagine that you should have some sort of basic knowledge or insight as to what you're doing when you take on an install like this.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
For any guys that can't firugre out what he was saying..

Originally Posted by 3dman1
Can anyone tell me what wire on my maf i need to tap into for my pump reference? By the way, I cant stand it when a vender sells stuff with no support. Blaqops has crap directions that never even mention a maf setup. When i called, I was told "i will try to get some picks of mountings and wireing for a maf controler" and never herd back and there site was not updated. From the way this thing is put together and wired i wish i would have spent my money elsewhere. They do some retarded stuff. Who wires a comercial product with the main power source in a green shielded wire? In my opinion red is for power.. and they crammed the maf senser wire into the controler and smased it, when they could have done a much cleaner job. So far i have spent more time rewireing the stuff they sent than i have the pump into the car. If you want A CLEAN SETUP, WITH GOOD DIRECTIONS, THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO REWIRE, Keep looking! blaqops doesnt have it all quite figured out yet!

This is not exactly the first negative review I have seen on the Blaqops, but your post is horrific. It took me like 5 minutes to figure out what you were saying.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Is this for a blaqops double pumper?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry i was in a hurry to get to work. Yes this is for the double pumper. And i do have some basic knowledge of the install i just dont think anyone should have to fix/ rewire things on a 600 dollar part. I believe when you make a company aware of a problem in the product and or directions they should help you out, not give you lip service and then never send you the info they said they would.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Chris had told me that they don't sell many MAF setups and tends to push the boost controlled model. That's probably why there isn't much documentation.

I haven't seen evidence that progressive is better than a simple Hobbs setup (like Buschurs). I think people are buying it because it sounds cool. The last I heard was that BlaqOPs doesn't want to sell their Hobbs-based kit (the EcoDub) anymore.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

How does the Hobbs work?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kevinf_69
How does the Hobbs work?
It's just a switch that turns the second pump on at a set amount of boost (usually 10-15psi).
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

It's common for Dbl pumper kits to be messy bro, it requires a lot of time and patience. Installation by professionals is easiest. Ful Blown also sent me the same package, it also had zero directions. It's not just Blaqops.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

So the double pumper that blaqops sells that works off boost is the same as the buschur double pumper?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolution2186
Full Blown also sent me the same package, it also had zero directions.
I'm local to Full Blown and ended up getting frustrated and brought my car into them to have some things checked out.

So the double pumper that blaqops sells that works off boost is the same as the buschur double pumper?
The EcoDub setup is the same type of wiring and pumps. Like I mentioned, BlaqOPs doesn't seem keen on selling the less expensive EcoDub setup anymore.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Is there any other negatives to the AMS kit besides E-85 compatibility?

Thought about blaqops, but read their support is lacking. Also AMS install seems easier.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

So does anyone know what wire this sensor taps into on my maf? Thats all i have left and no idea what to tap into
Old Aug 21, 2010, 04:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chriswolf81
Is there any other negatives to the AMS kit besides E-85 compatibility?

Thought about blaqops, but read their support is lacking. Also AMS install seems easier.
Is there any benefit running a double pumper over a inline like ams kit?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Is there any benefit running a double pumper over a inline like ams kit?
I have heard it is harder to tell when the in tank pump goes out.

Quick Reply: Blaqops ? and complaint