Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Check light flashed? help needed quick!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check light flashed? help needed quick!!

Ok, I don't have my car manual with me since I am at work right now so I'll need some of your help. While I was driving to work today a light that looks like ((!)) suddenly flashed for 2 secs on the middle screen then everything ran back to normal. There was a BIG "CHECK" below the ((!)) and its the first time I've seen this warning, got me worried a bit since I work pretty far from home or the mitsub dealership. Please gimme your 2 cents quick!!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

how old are your brake pads??
anyways if there old , its your brake fluid running a liitle low but buy changing your pads you wont need to add oil,

that light should happend when you turn sharp corners bc the fliud is going to one side... anyways thats whhat was happening to me and my buddy in his gsr
Old Sep 20, 2010, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lousEVOxmr
how old are your brake pads??
anyways if there old , its your brake fluid running a liitle low but buy changing your pads you wont need to add oil,

that light should happend when you turn sharp corners bc the fliud is going to one side... anyways thats whhat was happening to me and my buddy in his gsr
Well it did happen when I was doing a sudden stop on the highway, maybe my car is not warmed up enough in the morning and the fluid is not warmed up and expanded? Well, the light did go off when my car is back to a netural state ( stationary). Anyone else have input on this? Btw my pads are two years old, but last month at the tune up I still have like 75% life in them...so I am guessing it is the fluid? SIGh!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by initialdrew
Well it did happen when I was doing a sudden stop on the highway, maybe my car is not warmed up enough in the morning and the fluid is not warmed up and expanded? Well, the light did go off when my car is back to a netural state ( stationary). Anyone else have input on this? Btw my pads are two years old, but last month at the tune up I still have like 75% life in them...so I am guessing it is the fluid? SIGh!
Check your brake fluid level (it's probably 1/2" or more below the Max line). Top it off to the Max line and you shouldn't have this problem, if the light only comes on during hard stops or cornering.